Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pot Noodles

Hi Gang.....

Does anyone else absolutely love pot Noodles? Im eating a Chow Mein one as we speak and I could eat them everyday!!! maybe in strange cause I also love Cup a Soups and Super Noodles!!!

all the best...

Rab ;0)

Pot Noodles are also the best food when you are drunk!!!!

Yeah.

My favorite is Bombay Bad Boy with the wicked hot sauce sachet, it's that hot it says 'keep away from eyes'.

I remember when they came out as then they were made by Golden Wonder 21p I seem to recolect paying for them. Beef 'n' tomato & chicken 'n' mushroom were the only two available at first.
    sigpic I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!

Comment

Not Poodles?

LOVE 'EM!!! My fave is the Beef 'n' Tomata variety. With a couple of slices of buttered white bread to dip in the yummy gravy.

~Smee_1972

Comment

I always preferred Pot Rice but can't seem to find them anymore!

Comment

we used to take pot noodles on camp and excercise with the air cadets and the c.o used to go nuts as she used to say it was not proper food , but when i used to point out the nutritional value of them she could not really argue
          As some of the cadets used to skip meals as it was too much hassle to cook when you are cold , these were ideal .

personally i like the chicken and mushroom and if you change the letters around you get "NOT POODLE" apparently this is true .

Comment

Hi Steve,

I was in the Air Cadets too mate, for over 6 years and had a very similar situation, especially when you were doing hill walking and I remember packing loads during the Duke of Edinburghs Award expeditions!! was always cold up Cairngorm or Aviemore and a Pot Noodle worked wonders when you needed that wee extra boost..Did you also used to make the 'Nutitious drink' with half of a stock Cube stirred into Hot Water? lol.. kids dont know how luckty they are these days, I loved my time in the Air Cadets and made many many good pals, most of which I have still..taught me a hell of a lot about life and dealing with people...;0) good days...

all the best...

Rab ;0)

ex Cdt.Sgt 1370 (Leven) Squadron, Air Training Corps...

lol.. laughing at your 'not Poodle' comment...hee hee..;0)

Comment

Pot Rice

Hey Ruby me too, I always preferred them! Why don't they make 'em anymore!

~Smee_1972

Comment

Always hated 'em,but love super Noodles
                I seem to recall way back before Pot noodles,there was a smaller instant noodle in a pot thing called "Oddles".I assume these swiftly became Pot Noodles,but no-one else remembers them.Used to be advertised with an old western guy on his porch ion his longjohns as I recall

Comment

hi rab
                  i was a c.i in the ATC and was around for the same amount of time , i was part of 457 farnborough sqn atc , loved it but for the co , i was in charge of the basic cadets and was asked to be the sqn medic as i am in the ambulance service , it was a great time and i loved the kids as it was really great to see them grow into really smart young adults , i used to take them lawnmower racing , a topic that they loved and took too with relish .as you say ih happy days
                  Last edited by steve edwards; 28-11-2006, 23:14.

Comment

While we're on about noodles..anyone remember Noodles and Doodles?

Comment

Girls Venture Corps

Originally posted by steve edwards
                      hi rab
                      i was a c.i in the ATC and was around for the same amount of time , i was part of 457 farnborough sqn atc , loved it but for the co , i was in charge of the basic cadets and was asked to be the sqn medic as i am in the ambulance service , it was a great time and i loved the kids as it was really great to see them grow into really smart young adults , i used to take them lawnmower racing , a topic that they loved and took too with relish .as you say ih happy days
                      I was in the female section of the ATC and have fond memories too. Almost crash landing the glider at the RAF camp in Cheshire. Being gassed out of the tent by a faulty gas bottle on a Dof E award. Countless old folks Xmas parties where we would sing the war songs and hand out tissues for the tears. Remembrance Sunday at the Cenotaph and selling poppies the day before in town. Good days!

p.s supposdly navigating a chipmunk and going in the completely wrong direction.
                      Last edited by MommaMystique; 01-12-2006, 10:41.
                      sigpic
                      Mrs Oggy
                      ~~~*~~~*~~~
                      Count your friends amongst the stars....
                      And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

Does anyone remember POT SWEET ? in the mid eighties launched by the makers of by Pot Noodle.

Was dried apple and blackberry that you added water to and there was a separate bag of crumble to sprinkle on top.

Were actually quite nice.

Please tell me they existed because everyone I ask looks at me daft!!

Buzz

Comment

Hi Buzz!!

Yes mate..they were ultra sweet and sugery!1 I remember the apple Crumble one, again form an Air Cadet Camp at Pitlochry..cool..had forgotten about them!!! Nice one..

all the best...

Rab ;0)

Comment

Pot Rice was Better!

Originally posted by ruby
                            I always preferred Pot Rice but can't seem to find them anymore!
                            Oh I quite agree Ruby! But have you tried the new Princes microwave meal pots yet? They seem more like 'real' food than the Pot Noodle/Rice things.
                            But then again Thank god for Super Noodles.... all I can get our little one to eat at times... one of those and chop a pepperami into it and she is in heaven!
                            sigpic
                            Mrs Oggy
                            ~~~*~~~*~~~
                            Count your friends amongst the stars....
                            And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

Hi Momma!!!

My two wee girls are quite fussy at times and they to love two packets of super noodles, with a time of mixed veg and an onion thrown in and a pepperami chopped into it..they love it and the youngest even asks for more and shes a fussy eater!!! thank god for Super Noodles!! lol..

all the best...

Rab ;0)

XXX

Comment

Working...
                              X