Band On The Run - Wings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Band On The Run - Wings.

Anyone have any fond memories of the songs and the album, or the year, do you have any favourites or were you indifferent.

Band on the Run is an album by Paul McCartney & Wings, released in 1973. It was Wings' third album. It became Wings' most successful album and remains the most celebrated of McCartney's post-Beatles albums. It was 1974's top-selling studio album in the United Kingdom and Australia, and revitalised McCartney's critical standing.In 2000 Q magazine placed it at number 75 in its list of the 100 Greatest British Albums Ever. In 2012, Band on the Run was voted 418th on Rolling Stone magazine's revised list of The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time. A contemporary review by Jon Landau in Rolling Stone described the album as "with the possible exception of John Lennon's Plastic Ono Band, the finest record yet released by any of the four musicians who were once called The Beatles."

Attached Files
    Last edited by Romany Jones.; 14-08-2013, 23:32.

Re: Band On The Run - Wings.

Professional ratings
    Review scores
    Source Rating
    Allmusic [4]
    Blender [5]
    Robert Christgau C+[6]
    Rolling Stone favourable[2]
    Rolling Stone [7]
    Rolling Stone Album Guide [8]
    MusicHound [9]
    Band on the Run was issued to mostly positive reviews. The commercial reaction was slow, with the album gradually inching its way up the charts, but by the spring of 1974, bolstered by the hits "Jet" and the title track "Band on the Run", Band on the Run was a major success. It reached No. 1 in the US on three separate occasions, and eventually went triple platinum. In the UK, it spent seven weeks at the summit that summer, becoming the top selling British album of 1974. Its lingering success was also beneficial in allowing Wings the time to find a new guitarist and drummer, and to integrate them into the band before beginning new recordings.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Band_on_the_Run

Comment

this is one of my all time fav albums.........i listened to it earlier to try and work out which is my fav track and i couldn't decide

i'm a blue bird, i'm a blue bird, i'm a blue bird yeah yeah yeah ♫♪♪♫♫♪♪♫

Comment

Originally posted by shilton dipper View Post
        this is one of my all time fav albums.........i listened to it earlier to try and work out which is my fav track and i couldn't decide

i'm a blue bird, i'm a blue bird, i'm a blue bird yeah yeah yeah ♫♪♪♫♫♪♪♫
        I think I'm having to have to go for Band On The Run.....because it holds so many memories of that year and it was on the radio a lot, (along with I Shot The Sherrif by Eric Clapton.) having said that Shilton dipper I also like bluebird.

Comment

In early 1975, Paul McCartney & Wings won the Grammy award for "Best Pop Vocal Performance By a Duo, Group or Chorus" for Band on the Run. In 1993, Band on the Run was remastered and reissued on CD as part of "The Paul McCartney Collection" series with "Helen Wheels" and its b-side "Country Dreamer" as bonus tracks. In 1999, a special 25th Anniversary Edition was released. On this version, "Helen Wheels" was track 8, between "No Words" and "Picasso's Last Words (Drink to Me)" (as it was positioned in the original US release). In May 2007, the album was made available through the iTunes Store.The 8-track tape version of this album has the distinction of being one of the few 8-tracks that is arranged just like the record album. The song "Bluebird" is divided in two parts, but the rest of the songs are complete. It was also released in quadrophonic. In 1996, it was released on 5.1 Music Disc.
          The album continues to be regarded positively. The Allmusic review cites some of the songs as being excellent and the album overall as "enjoyable" while concluding that it is a "triumph of showmanship."And the Rolling Stone review of the 30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition notes that "the real action still lies in the original LP's revved-up pleasures".
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Band_on_the_Run

Comment

Can't really get away with McCartney with Wings or solo
            The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Working...
            X