Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricochet Racers and Crossfire

Hi all...

I never owned these two cool Games back in the day but I wish I did now!!!

Crossfire had a board with two wee guns that fired Ball bearings at a wee puck thing in the middle of the board..cool and

Ricochet Racers was a really long Board with a very strong elastic Band at one end and i think you pushed your racing car against the elastic band at the other end of the board to see just how far it would ricochet..so cool..

Did any lucky wee boy have these great toys?

Cheers

Rab ;0)

Mate think you're getting confused with Ricochet Racers, I had it and it was like a big gun, and the cars were loaded into bullet cases and you fired them along the ground at a pile of barrels, though if you held the stand up with your other hand, you could fire it standing up too. The one with the rubber bands was Rebound, where you threw 'pucks' with ballbearings in at the elastic bands as/like you've described, just got rid of the one I had as a kid, as the rubber bands had perished, kool game as was, you can still get it in Woolies though.

Comment

Crossfire and Rebound were games made by Ideal - loved both of 'em !
      Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Hi Oggy hi Aidan..

Oggy, once again i bow to your superior memory..I am indeed getting the two games mixed up in a very strange hybrid of 'Rebound' and 'Ricochet Racers'!! lol lol..cheers for setting me right mate, me old memory is not near as good as it used to be..very glad you remember those games well though!!! once id typed it I did think..'now was that right'? lol..

thanks for all the help mate..

all the best...

Rab ;0)

Comment

Maybe the time is right for the rebirth of these and other classic games? The hybrid idea with cars might be kool enough also, hey I'm 43 Rab but mentally still a teen or younger as my better other half will testify too.

Comment

Re: Ricochet Racers and Crossfire

i owned crossfire and was lucky enough to also get for christmas that year the game called rebound...a game that had elastic bads at one end of a plastic tray and ball bearings were fired at the elastic band and bounced down the other side to a scorer ...the closer u got to the edge the higher the points...oh as well as my raleigh grifter...

Comment

Never had crossfire, though wanted it, my mom and dd said it looked dangerous!!! firing ball bearings, alas no Grifter either, I wanted a Chopper, never got one of those either.......all together awwwwwwwwwwww.

Comment

I played crossfire with my brother all the time!
                "Flounder don't be such a guppy"-Ariel

Comment

Ricochet racers

my brother had ricochet racers.it was good fun to be honest,shooting the cars from the big gun etc.

last year i purchased the glow in the dark version,they also came in super heroes like spider man.

made by palitoy,i dont suppose it would be allowed now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rico2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	258273
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	rico3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	258274

Comment

My spoilt-brat of a cousin had both "Crossfire" and "Ricochet Racers" and thanx for posting the photos, it really brought a flood of nostalgia over me and I was instantly transported to the back garden of my Granny's council house in Thornliebank, Glasgow, summer 1977 when the sun actually made an appearance for a few days. That game RR was bloody lethal! The boy next door who was a bit older than myself and my cousin thought it would be great fun chucking the plastic barrels at our heads with full male-pubescent force and they friggin well hurt!

Comment

Working...
                    X