The Mekons / Ruby Blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mekons / Ruby Blue

Anyone remember these two Indie bands from the late '80s? The Mekons were I THINK from Manchester, they did a song called 'The Ghosts of American Astronauts'- long since split up now.
    Ruby Blue used to feature a lot on the Janice Long slot on Radio 1 in '88, they did a very haunting song called 'The Child's Song'.

Re: The Mekons / Ruby Blue

I saw the Mekons on the same bill as Michelle Shocked at the International in Manchester, I think in '87.
    A load of us went up. It was a great night
    Saw a few gigs in Manchester around that time - Wire, Fuzzbox, the Fall, PIL, the Mondays, Ornette Coleman & countless pub gigs.
    Not familiar with Ruby Blue though.
    It's in the trees.....It's coming

Comment

The Mekons were formed at Leeds Uni in 1977.

Comment

Great band! I have the LP Ghosts Of... was on and it is ace. Check out Rock 'n' Roll, which really does!
        Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Don't remember The Mekons, but loved Ruby Blue and have two of their albums.

Comment

Loved the song "American Astronauts", should have been a hit. I taped it off the John Peel show back in 1988, think I've still got the dusty old tape knocking about somewhere, must check Spotify to see if the Mekons are on there.

Comment

Seriously, check out their albums on the Blast First label. Everything I've heard is quality!
              Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
              X