Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tin Can Alley

Hiya!!!

Another Toy from the 1970's that i wish id owned..it was an electronic shooting Game with a toy rifle that fired a Beam of light at a row of Cans on a plastic version of the top of a fence from a Distance and if you hit them in the right place they blew ioff the fence!! my mate had one and it was good fun at the time..sure that was the first time id ever seena can of Dr.Pepper here in Scotland too!!! my wish list for Christmas is getting longer...hee hee...

Kind Regards...

Rab ;0)

I always wanted this, but think my mom and dad never took the very big hint, it always looked so kool and as a kid, one of my fave western tv series was The Rifleman. How kool are cowboys, on holiday one year there was a gunslinger kinda thing, like a man, sized figureine and you had to draw against him, kinda scarey as a kid, but kool too, think the gunslingers eyes glowed red too as he fired?

Comment

hi mate...

oh my god..i just remembered that 'gunslinger' guy from a holiday around 1978 to either Berwick or Scarborough and there was one there and yes, his eyes did glow red!!! there was also this arcade game where a transparent shark came at you and you had to shoot it with a harpoon gun..it was great (Jaws was still big then of course!!) good memories...

Rab ;0)

Comment

Omg half thought i was going mad Rab, could have been a holiday to Scarbourgh, we did go there one or two times on holiday. Vaguely recall the shark game too, Jawsish., yep kool arcade games then too, like the old sit down and driver Roadblaster, and Star Wars X-Wing game, bit like Asteroids though, omg games have come along way haven't they.

Comment

I can remember the advert for that LOL. Whatever happened to Chuck Connors after that, he seemed to vanish without a trace?

Comment

Well he did the Rifleman one of my childhood favorite tv shows, and few other things, think he's still alive though.

Comment

I had "Tin Can Alley" as a kid. I remembering getting it for x-mas. There's one available on e-bay now and the seller is from the UK.

Comment

Ooooo gotta take me alook see how much it is, I know Woolies do a similar thing but with a gun instead of a rifle.

Comment

Re: Tin Can Alley

yes, excellent toy! It seems like you didn't have to be very accurate, just get close and the little light sensor would pop that can right off.
                  "no man is a failure, who has friends."

Comment

kool toy, my kids would love it.

Comment

I had Tin Can Alley and loved it. Although I used the rifle more on its own to see if I could aim accurately at places on the wall.
                      After watching Fistful of Dollars, I took to cocking it by swinging the rifle down by my side.

After Terminator 2, I took the stock off and tried twirling it. Crunched fingers ahoy!

Comment

Working...
                      X