• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biographies

Anybody been reading biographies of famous people lately
    Just finished Rod Stewarts life from the library

Re: Biographies

I just read The moon's a balloon, David Niven's first autobiography. Full of exaggerations I assume but one of the best books I've read.

Comment

I love autobiographies. This year I've read David Essex, Rod Stewart, Billy Joel, Pamela Stephenson, Danny Baker, Michael Caine and Sting and I am currently reading Brian Blessed's. I love getting an insight into their early lives and read them as much for a indication of everyday living from times gone by as for their life stories.
      1976 Vintage

Comment

that sounds very good.

im more into biographies of sports stars there are one or two im waiting to read one being an italian actor which he told me should be out soon in english.

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
        Anybody been reading biographies of famous people lately
        Just finished Rod Stewarts life from the library
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
          I love autobiographies. This year I've read David Essex, Rod Stewart, Billy Joel, Pamela Stephenson, Danny Baker, Michael Caine and Sting and I am currently reading Brian Blessed's. I love getting an insight into their early lives and read them as much for a indication of everyday living from times gone by as for their life stories.
          Thats what I liked about them reading about them growing up to present days OH I read Paul OGradys book on Lily Savages day.

Reading nothing at present the library is having a refit

Comment

Richard Beckinsale by David Clayton.

Comment

Borrowed Mick Jaggers from the library with 600 pages to read

Comment

Just finished former Everton player Alan Stubbs' book and it's a cracking read. Obviously I'm an Everton fan but the guy is someone I respect massively and he's a great bloke too. A great story and very easy to get into. I absolutely cannot wait for the upcoming Mike Tyson biography, I'm a massive fan and the guy has lived a hell of a life. I can't wait.

On the fence on whether to bother with this Alex Ferguson book, I respect him a lot but I'm hearing a few mixed reviews about the book. It seems he has decided to take a swipe at certain people for the hell of it.

Comment

Currently reading In The Pleasure Groove by John Taylor (Duran Duran), looking forward to getting Sugg's one just out

Comment

I have read Adelles book

Now I am reading about Michael Caine life

Comment

"What Makes Thunderbirds Go" -- biography of Gerry Anderson.

Comment

Carole Kings life

Comment

Paul OGradys The Devil rides out

Comment

Currently wading through Morrissey
                            1976 Vintage

Comment

Just finished reading 'Queens of Noise' by Evelyn McDonnell, a biography of the Runaways. Very good read, unbiased & gives all points of view. I definitely recommend it to any fans of the Runaways, or anybody into the mid-late 70s LA/California music scene.
                              & just started 'Lowdown' by Paul Lester, a history of WIRE, with a foreword by Johnny Marr. Hard book to put down. Definitely worth a peep.
                              It's in the trees.....It's coming

Comment

Working...
                              X