Greetings, Pop Pickers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings, Pop Pickers!

Hello all. The title of this post is used in honour of Alan 'Fluff' Freeman, whose radio shows helped develop my tastes for 'older' music (especially 'Pick of the Pops Take 2' on Capital Radio on Saturday mornings, back in the day).

As for me... born in 1968, an avid TV watcher as a kid and always a fan of listening to music. Early years were spent listening to Radio 1 exclusively (I can remember listening to Noel Edmonds on the Breakfast Show), until someone changed the dial on the old valve radio to Capital Radio and it remained the station of choice until I was 19.

Loved playing games too, card games, board games, computer games, outside games like football and cricket, plus classics like Hide And Seek, Feet Off London, 40-40, He-Ball, etc.

These days I am wholly disappointed with the tripe served up as entertainment on TV and the radio. Haven't really listened to the charts beyond 1994. TV is full up with nonsense. Too many soaps, daytime TV 'confessional programs' (any show that pulls members of the public up in front of a host and his/her audience for them to gasp at and poke fun at), a surfeit of 'Top 100' programs that masquerade as entertainment, or reality TV (pass me the sick bucket).

It's no wonder that when I found this site, it was almost a biblical experience!! Please keep contributing your memories and experiences, it's brilliant to read them and even greater if they trigger your own memories too.
    Cheers

Armchair

Hi mate!!!

Great to have you with the gang here, quite a new member myself from way up here in Fife,on the East Coast of Scotland, where its usually Wet and cold! lol..also born in 1968 so we probably share many similar memories..I also agree completely wiuth your comments on TV today and hardly ever watch it these days, play my PS2 on it more..lol..I also love this site, its like an Oasis in the Desert and many well informed people frequent it and have some great memories too..welcome!!!

best wishes...

Rab ;0)

Fife
    Scotland

Comment

Poor Fluff ! No doubt himself & John Peel ( another musical Scouser ) have Heaven FM up and running by now.
      Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Well i was born in 1963, the year JFK was assassinated, the great train robbery and Doctor Who began. Tv and yes music has changed, how i'd have loved to have seen the Beatles live, T-Rex, the Rolling Stones, nowadays there are more one hit wonders I guess, few groups remain, bar U2, and Oasis. This site, this place has opened my eyes and my mind, its fun and kool too, long may it continue.

Comment

Working...
        X