mothers pride bread vans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mothers pride bread vans

hi everyone ime into old bread vans photos etc does anyone remember the breadrounds of the 60s 70s thanks

Re: mothers pride bread vans

This reminds me of one of my teachers saying when he left school a few boys in his class got a job at the local Sunblest bakery working as "van boys" who would help out the drivers when making derliveries.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I recall seeing Sunblest and Mother's Pride vans, and you sometimes see them in repeats of old TV shows and films. They often seem to be the large Commer Walk-through type vans.
      "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

i do indeed remember them well

in the eighties we had a bread man who came every week in a blue van all be it not in a sunblest van.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

daz clear your inbox mate trying send you a pm it says its full lol
          Originally posted by darren View Post
          i do indeed remember them well

in the eighties we had a bread man who came every week in a blue van all be it not in a sunblest van.
          THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

There used to be a big Mothers Pride bakery(and a big employer) in my town but it was demolished to make way for a supermarket in the mid 1980s. I was quite young but I always remember seeing the bakery vans dropping off bread at the local shop. As well as bread, Mothers Pride used to bake confectionery and wedding cakes to special order. My nan used to work there operating the mixers.

Comment

I seem to remember on Thats Life they once showed a picture of a Sunblessed delivery van that had the S missing hence Unblessed Bread
              Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

The bread van but he sold all sorts, particularly cakes! and tins of soup.

I wonder if an artisan bread van would be viable today ? Would be great to be able to get decent bread from a van that came to your street.

Comment

Here they are
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic
                  Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

There they are thnx matey.only can remember the red and white ones
                    .how long since u saw one young man.

Originally posted by twocky61 View Post
                    here they are

Comment

Probably mid 70's Darren
                      sigpic
                      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

We had McCann's bread vans round our way. Our neighbours always got one of those big wooden trays full of buns! When I stayed in my auntie's, she would get a cottage loaf everyday. She'd send me out to carry it in, it'd still be warm and I'd peel a few soft crumbly pieces from the sides...mmm!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X