Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slime with worms!!!

Hi guys!!

The other day I was trying to tell my Eldest about the pots of slime you used to get in the early 80's and how it was banned from our School and then I remembered that there was also slime with Worms in it! (big rubber ones!)..lol.. Bet they wouldnt allow kids to have that nowadays!! it was well sticky and clammy...

All the best..

Rab ;0)

Oh yeah, remember these now, not sure whta they were called though, and other assorted pots of goo.

Comment

Goo!

Wow Rab, you've given me back a long-forgotten memory! Thank you! I LOVED pots of goo! For some reason we often used to buy it on hols at the seaside, maybe it's because in places like Great Yarmouth you often get the kind of mad shop which sold such things. I can remember how it felt and smelled! I had a pot of neon pink goo and I loved how it felt, and *especially* loved the farty sounds one could make by sticking a finger through the goo!

Wonder if one can still buy such stuff in Toys R Us?

~Smee_1972

Comment

yes i remember this, was its container a mini trash can?

it was great fun until all sorts of forign objects used to end up in it like hair , i recall it not having a very long life as well....the properties of its slimeyness broke down in about a week of first opening it.

Comment

I remember this as well. When I was a little kid our babysiter used to put the worms in her mouth to freak us out. Probably not the most clever or hygenic idea but it was funny/scary to me & my sister at the time.

Comment

Wasn't there also, paper bags, pouches are like, that when you tipped the contents out and added water made worms, well supposed to be, and did anyone have Space Monkeys?

Comment

Do you mean sea monkeys there Oggy love?
              sigpic
              Mrs Oggy
              ~~~*~~~*~~~
              Count your friends amongst the stars....
              And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

Well spotted angel, just checking see if anyone read the postings, have to thin of something to reward you now.......

Comment

Hi guys!!

I used to see Sea Monkeys advertised on the back of Marvel comics, they always looked cool and wore a crown for some reason in the ad? Never got them (although Space Monkeys sounds good also! lol) I also never got the foot locker of American War of Independence soldiers and accesories for X amount of Dollars you always saw in those comics too, so wanted them!!!

all the best...

Rab

Comment

Yep Rab, I remember seeing those ads on the backs of the Dc, Marvel comis, and other stuff too, X-Ray specs', space capsules, submarines, and the legendary Charles Atlas fitness ads too. But I know a someone who atcually had some of these 'Sea Monkeys' tiny little insects thingys bit of a let down, as they looked kool on in the comics, I bet Space Monkeys would be way kooler, or there any things that are called that, or been called that out there?

Comment

Hi mate!!!

I always wanted one of those really cool Blue Diving and resurfacing U Boats you used to see folk at the open air Paddling pool down the Beach with in the 1970's..they even had little red Deck Guns!!! never got one though..lol.. Ill have to investigate space monkeys..lol.. remembmber the Xray Specs, tents, telescopes and bikes advertised on the Glossy back page of Marvel and D.C. comics..cool..

all the best...

Rab

Comment

You can get sea monkeys in woolworths.

Comment

Rab i had one of those submarines, used to able to set it, dived under and resurfaced, kool in a swimming pool should have made one with a shark fin on, ala Jaws.

Sea Monkeys in Woolies? whatever next polar bears in scarves?

Comment

i got a sea monkey starter kit as a birthday pressie 2 and a half years ago, stuck it in the shed and forgot about it.
                            about a month ago i found it while routing about and set it up thinking that theres no way they would still be alive after all that time.

theres about 10 of them living happily on my window sill in there little tank.......they dont do much and its not like you can take them out for a walk or anything but still cool in there own sort of way.

Comment

Thats weird, maybe they're the creatures that will take over the world when us mere humans have bit the dust?

Planet of the Sea Monkeys
                              Buy the title now, the apes lost now its time for their sea cousins to try to rule the planet, what would Charlton heston find on the beach this time, Big Ben sticking out of the sand, or Blackpool Tower rising from the sea?

Comment

Working...
                              X