Kirsty MacColl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kirsty MacColl

Kirsty MacColl Was A Fantastic & A Lovely Singing Voice and great singer,as an English singer-songwriter who wrote and recorded several pop hits between the early 1980s and the 1990s. In addition, she sang on hit recordings produced by her then-husband Steve Lillywhite, notably on tracks by The Smiths and "Fairytale of New York" by The Pogues. Kirsty was killed by a power boat while swimming with her children at Cozumel, Mexico. Kirsty was the daughter of songwriter Ewan MacColl.Here is my favourite songs by the gorgeous kirsty maccoll.Fairytale of New York with the poguesThere's a Guy Works Down the Chip Shop Swears He's Elvis In These Shoes Don't Come the Cowboy With Me Sonny JimA New EnglandKeep Your Hands Off My BabyAll I Ever Wanted

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Re: Kirsty MacColl

I think Kirsty will always be remembered for her duet with The Pogues for A Fairytale Of New York. It's a timeless classic. As well as the songs you mention above, I enjoyed Free World, Walking Down Madison and Days as well.

Comment

Re: Kirsty MacColl

Saw her live a few times at the Fleadh in Finsbury Park - not a bad singer, not that great, IMHO. Better as a songwriter...
      Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
      X