Hi All!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi All!

Hi! Anita here - found the site by accident! I'm a late 50s babe and was a teen through 70s (anyone remember the DJ Judge Dread!!) I also had a ball in the 80s too - I didn't settle down 'til I tuned 30 in '87, so those eras still mean a lot to me, as I was carefree then compared to today!

I've shocked more than a few folk younger than me with my music tastes - especially Judge Dread - I have a pretty varied, eclectic taste in music, to say the very least!

I collect Vintage Fashion Dolls as a hobby, like most things Sci-Fi BUT am not a Trekkie, although I LOVE ST:NG, Voyager and Enterprise series. Fan of LIVERPOOL FC and pleased another Welshman from the Valleys - Craig Bellamy - has joined them. Hope he does well there. Going up to Liverpool at Easter to visit friends and will visit Anfield for the very first time - can't wait!! MY younger brother has been a regular attender at Anfield for over 25 years now.

My other half tokenly supports Exeter City due to that being his birthplace, but he's an avid West Ham fan.:cry: He's rather sad at the moment as WHU have just lost their manager.

Hope to chat again soon on different topics
    Cheers,
    Anita xxx
    Live Long and Prosper
    Anita

Hi anita and welcome..not a big footy fan but I am a massive Music fan, anything from Kate Bush to hard core Punk and most inbetween!1 I do remember Judge Dread through an interest in some two tone and ska stuff which of course leads on to some reggae! lol.. (saw the Beat play in Glasgow last week! lol).also like the 60's Series of Star Trek, for me still the original and best..Greetings from the cold and wet East Coast of Fife,Scotland to you...just south of St.Andrews...local Football Team is East fife and along the road Raith Rovers in Kirkcaldy..;0)..I was born in 1968 so a child of the 70's myself...

all the best...

Rab ;0)

Fife
    Scotland

Comment

Welcome to DYR Anita from a '65 baby who loves all things 60s'n'70s.. and follows Man Utd ( I'm sure we'll get on apart from that ) !
      Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

hi there steve here child of the 70.s also loved the 80,s , wanna go back there again , but i have my raleigh grifter to remind me of better days

Comment

Welcome Anita from a fellow Liverpool fan! Not Scouser by birth, so labelled 'Armchair Scouse' by friends due to my 'supporting the best football team in the world' mostly from the comfort of my living room... <gets off soapbox> Anyhow, the nickname stuck!!

Hope you enjoy the Anfield experience. I have seen Liverpool a number of times home and away, and I was lucky enough to enjoy standing on the Kop before it was made all-seater... Their home form this season is great, so touch wood, you'll have plenty to cheer about. If you get a chance, go into the museum/trophy room (I haven't done so as yet) and look at the FIVE European Cups... truly amazing...
          Cheers

Armchair

Comment

greetings Anita I'm donna moderator here on DYR we look forward to having you on board here.
            No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

Hiya Anita, welcome aboard DYR

Comment

Hi all

from Pedo in the Kingdom of Fife. Big footie fan ie the Pars, greater music fan from Rory Gallagher through Roxy music, Elvis(Costello that is) 70's glam & punk(my era) till today Editors ,Feeder, KT, Muse etc.

Massive Sci-fi and fantasy fan especially Conan, have all the Gor books, Stephen King, Star Trek(DS9) a fave,X-files, Buffy,Supernatural etc etc.

Hope to find some like minded posters on hear.
                The eyes have it!
                sigpic

Comment

Hi mate, sci fi fan kool, check out my Sci-Fi TV thread, glad to have you aboard, live long and prosper......

Comment

hi Anita.
                    nice to have you onboard.
                    i used to be a big liverpool fan back in the late 70's early 80's ,i have a steve highway testamonial mug in the loft somewhere and ian rush used to drink with my old fella.
                    sort of stopped the football thing when i became intrested in cars and girls

enjoy the site and the memories that come floooooding back
                    chris

Comment

Working...
                    X