Bedtime (Variations on a Theme!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedtime (Variations on a Theme!)

I can remember what I *loved* as a kid..........of a Friday or Saturday night, Mum & Dad would tell us to go and get our teeth brushed, and get into our night things, then for some reason, coming back downstairs in jimjams and being allowed to watch the telly was ace! Especially if it was Dave Allen / Tales of the Unexpected / Sapphire & Steel.

Why was watching TV whilst in jimjams so great???

~Smee_1972

It was kinda kool I guess, staying up late, I remember staying over at my nans, and was spoiled rotten, she introduced me to crackers and cheese, for supper, and Mellow biscuits, scrummy. Talking of pyjamma's when we went on holiday, sometimes my dad would drive through the nigh and me and my sister [Scarey Sue] would put our clothes over our nightmare, why, not sure, but was kool i guess, going out in pyjamma's.

Comment

Yeah, there was something illicit in being in the jimjams but not being in bed ! My older brothers used to get up around 3am to watch the Ali/Frazier ( or Foreman ?) fights live from the US back mid-70s. I couldn't be bothered, to this day I hate boxing.
      Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

I used to stop on a saturday night to watch the horror films, was kool, especially the Hammer films.

Comment

Jimjams

Wow Oggy, yes! Going out in jimjams! I remember it well! I can remember my Mum driving sis and I to collect Dad - I cannot remember from where, or why - but I do remember wearing jimjams with a coat over the top, and sis and I sat in the back of the car with a blanket over us. Why is that such a nice memory? Maybe it's the inate cosiness.

~Smee_1972

Comment

this has NOTHING to do with jim jams ok .

i used to go out with my mate david and his dad in a ford cortina whenever his dad used to go to a meeting as his dad used to own a welding business , it used to seem that we would travel for miles , then stop off at a pub and i used to have a big glass of real coke and a packet of crisps , that was a good memoery , sadly my mates dad died a couple of years ago he was a great man a great man

Comment

Originally posted by Smee_1972
              Wow Oggy, yes! Going out in jimjams! I remember it well! I can remember my Mum driving sis and I to collect Dad - I cannot remember from where, or why - but I do remember wearing jimjams with a coat over the top, and sis and I sat in the back of the car with a blanket over us. Why is that such a nice memory? Maybe it's the inate cosiness.

~Smee_1972
              We would go to see Blackpool lights in our jammies in the car. Then fish supper n way home and straight to bed when we got in.
              sigpic
              Mrs Oggy
              ~~~*~~~*~~~
              Count your friends amongst the stars....
              And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

Awwwwww sounds sweet Momma, thats what childhoods about.

Comment

When you wear jimjams, you should be in bed. when you should be in bed but you're not, it's a forbidded fruit.
                  Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Jimjams

I think you're right Aidan; it's the naughtiness factor that makes it such fun!

~Smee_1972

Comment

true Smee

Comment

Working...
                      X