Your Top 3 Nostalgia-evoking Things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Top 3 Nostalgia-evoking Things

Well, I was born in 1979 so my childhood years are the 80s and early 90s. If I had to choose only 3 things that evoke nostalgia in me, they would be...

1. ZX Spectrum Fairlight game

2. Robin of Sherwood TV series

3. Italia 90 bubble gum inserts

What about your Top 3 Nostalgia-evoking things?

Re: Your Top 3 Nostalgia-evoking Things

A fishing net on bamboo handle, as I used to stay down the river most summers days fishing for sticklebacks and minnows. The thought of one brings back memories of lazy hot summer days back in the late 70's with my friends. Watership down book reminds me of my last year of primary. My toys, too many to mention here but I think I can plump for the Action man which I must of been given around the age of 5 or 6.Stayed with me all throughout my childhood before disappearing before I left secondary. So many other things but I am allowed only three :cry:.

Comment

Difficult to pick an ultimate top 3 but I'll list 3 definite contenders;

The tick tock sound from the base compartment of a streetlight - back in 70s and 80s they had time switches, mostly photocell now.
      The Anglia TV rotating knight on horse before school programmes started.
      Listening back to old tapes of the 'Network Chart' with David Jensen from 1985 (great year for music IMO).

Comment

Thank you for your answers, Battyrat and Chris-T. Great choices. I've just checked the information about Watership Down on Wiki, and it sounds very interesting--also it looks like there is a Polish translation...

... so I'm definitely getting one for my daughter!

I also like Chris's memory of the tick tock sound--it's amazing how the most unlikely things stay in our minds and are remembered after all those years.

Thank you, lads, great answers!

Comment

Can't think of three but one of them are Lesney Matchbox models.

Comment

For me the masters of the universe toys

superman the movie

and the blockbusters tv show

i really could have picked any of a hundred things they are all on a par for me nostalgia wise
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
              Can't think of three but one of them are Lesney Matchbox models.

A Volkswagen, driven by a monockled Prussian officer, with a German cross on the bonnet?

Somehow I don't think this particular item would evoke a lot of nostalgia where I come from.

Nice toy though.

Originally posted by darren
              For me the masters of the universe toys
              Oh, yes, they were great! Used to collect them too.
              Last edited by Fairlight; 29-07-2014, 18:45.

Comment

Probably not but I just recently got it on eBay and it was the first thing on hand for a photo.

Now I remember some others.
                #2 "The Dukes of Hazzard" -- Friday night was not Friday night without a frozen dinner and "Dukes of Hazzard" followed by "Dallas"

Comment

"Dallas" was quite popular in Poland in the 90s, but we didn't have "Dukes of Hazzard". "Dynasty" was probably the most popular American soap opera in Poland.

Talking of TV series--"Little House on the Prairie" was great. I still watch it on DVD every now and then.

Comment

Three nostalgia evoking toys/books, tv programs-
                    Rubix cube, Coca Cola/Fanta spinners(yo yos........did you have them in the UK?) and Sindy dolls.
                    Ladybird Fairy tales, Girls comics/annuals, Mandy, Jinty, Bunty etc and any of Enid Blyton's short stories, boarding school books or mystery adventures.
                    Little House on the Prairie, The Muppet Show, Charlie's Angels(I could go on all night on this one!!)

Comment

Comment

Re: Тема

Originally posted by Komuremnko
                        Прочитал, конечно, далеко от моей темы. Но, все же, можно с вами сотрудничать. Как вы сами относитесь к доверительному управлению?
                        My sentiments exactly.
                        But privet, nonetheless.

Comment

Too many things i could choose hundreds but here i go.

Grange hill
                          he man cartoon

superman theme tune and films.
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Soccer star albums
                            ducted air heating
                            anything involving oliver postgate

Comment

Originally posted by Fairlight;190956Talking of TV series
                              --"Little House on the Prairie" was great. I still watch it on DVD every now and then.
                              Same here Fairlight - I have the first four seasons of Little House on the Prairie on DVD & watch them regularly

So the top three nostalgia evoking things:

+ATV (Associated TeleVision) television channel ident

+Doorstep milk delivery by milkmen/women which still happens nowadays but not as much as years ago with the current cheap milk available in supermarkets

+Hong Kong Fuey cartoon

Attached Files
                              Last edited by Twocky61; 19-12-2014, 13:13.
                              sigpic
                              Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
                              X