RIP Robin Williams. 1951-2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Robin Williams. 1951-2014

Actor and comedian Robin Williams died today at age 63. He was found in his Tiburon, California home today. The cause of death was asphixiation suggesting the possibility of suicide as Williams was battling chronic depression at the time of his death.

Re: RIP Robin Williams. 1951-2014

Yes it was a shock to read this on teletext this morning I remember him in Good Morning Vietnam

Comment

Comment

A great actor sadly missed but a collection of great films will always be there rip robin
        THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Very sad news, I spotted it on the BBC website just before I went to bed.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Such a shame, I've grown up watching him, will be missed greatly.

R.I.P Robin

Nanoo Nanoo
            Heather

Comment

I remember his first claim to fame as Mork to Pam Dawbers Mindy "Nanoo Nanoo!!"

Such a talented actor and stand-up comedian as seen when he was live at the Met
              sigpic
              Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Really sad indeed my fave role of his was mork of mork and mindy from 1979 i think it started.

R i p robin.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Latest reports say the dear guy hung himself. How sad is it that somebody who was so funny and gave so much pleasure to others was actually manically depressed? RIP. On the plus side.....if there is a heaven....I bet it's a hilarious place to be now he has arrived !!

Comment

Robin Williams' death brings to mind the age old image of the tragic clown as it seems as if many of the great comedians lived sad personal lives. Sometimes I can't help but wonder if the ability to make others laugh comes at such a tremendous personal cost that is profoundly unfathomable to the rest of us.

Comment

The BBC has a good feature on comedians who have had problems coping with things:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28753326
                      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                      X