Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we hope its chips its chips

please can anyone tell me where to find the advert
    we hope its chips its chips lol been looking for it for ages for a mate and cant find it
    sigpic

The song you ask about is in an ad is for Birds Eye steakhouse grills, the words are:

Builder 1: Will it be chips or jacket spuds? Will it be salad or frozen peas?
    Builder 2/3: Will it be mushrooms?
    Builder 4: Fried onion rings?
    All Builders: You'll have to wait and see!

Narrator: Birdseye introduce steakhouse grills. Pure ground beef that you cook like a steak and serve like a steak.
    Narrator: What will you give your old man with his steakhouse grill?
    All Builders: Hope it's chips, it's chips. We hope it's chips, it's chips. We hope it's chips, it's chips....

and the ad is here:
    http://www.classictvads.co.uk/ctv3.html
    If eight out of ten cats prefer whiskas, do the other two shave or wax?

Comment

classic ad that one.

Comment

omg yaaaaaaaay thanks sooo much lol my mate cant believe you found it she had been lookin for ages..........not in the right places obviously lol
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah my fave advert too that one.
          sigpic I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!

Comment

Fun and catchy too.

Comment

What I want to know is what happened if the workmen got home and didn't have Steakhouse Grills. What if they had salad or pasta?

I'll bet some of those wives would have had black eyes the next day. Some of those workmen in the van looked like real bruisers.

Comment

they were bank robbers, extras from the Sweeney, going on a Blag!

Comment

They did look the types. Perhaps they were actually singing about the prison food they would soon all be eating. Right after they had met 'Mr Big' and his jar of Vaseline in the cells.

Comment

Sounds like a sketch from Porridge, but maybe they weren't actors but criminal types recruited from the local prisons?

Comment

Though just to carry this on, you could see Regan and Carter singing 'We hope its chips, its chips..' after they've nicked the villans, after leaping out of a Ford transit , having a punch up then going back to the nick/manor for egg and chips.......

Comment

'What's this? Egg and blaaddddy chips? Yerrr nicked, pal!'

There could be money in this idea, Oggy...

Comment

I think there could be the world is ripe for the return of the Sweeney old friend.

Relaunch the catchphrases that we love........ get your trouser on you're nicked!

Comment

I never got to watch The Sweeney. My parents used to watch Juliet effing Bravo. The exploits of a female police officer in which, every week, somebody sexually harassed her or made a comment about 'riding in her car'.

Juliet Bravo would never feature Steakhouse Grills. I think she was more a Findus Crispy Pancake woman.

Comment

Theres a story about Findus pancakes, I've a friend Chris, who carried around with him the packet of pancakes, empty of course, in the tv advert for them, he reckoned the guy was his double. So one night we were going to the cinema with And and Steve, and Chris said to Ant, don't you think I look la guy in an advert off TV? Ant said straight away 'The Milky Bar kid!' Chris was gutted, and it started a row, over that, but saying that Chris was/is a guy who loved X-files and twin Peaks that much he carried a plastic FBI badge in his coat pocket.......!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X