School Video Recorder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School Video Recorder

Who went to school in the 70's where there was a video recorder to record schools programmes off the tv?

At the school I attended Abenhall Secondary Modern (Now called Dene Magna as they have gone upmarket) in Mitcheldean Forest of Dean Gloucestershire they had a reel to reel video recorder (this was pre VHS by some years)

Abenhall Secondary Modern was not situated in an afluent area as the Forest of Dean was previously a mining area.
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: School Video Recorder

Schools normally had the V2000 system

Comment

Did the V2000 come out in the 70's then?

Was the V2000 reel to reel? If it was maybe the one at Abenhall was a V2000
      Last edited by Twocky61; 16-08-2014, 17:25.
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Yes the V2000 was around from late 70's
        It was a large cassette

Comment

Not the V2000 then - the video recorder was reel to reel so maybe it was really for studio use
          sigpic

Comment

Can't remember any sort of video recorder in my school. We went to watch stuff when it was aired.
            1976 Vintage

Comment

Maybe Rank Xerox (the local major employer in the area where whole families worked) donated it to our school
              sigpic

Comment

I have memories of watching school programs back in the 70's but this was usually when the programs ran on TV and not recorded. One of our teachers has a cini camera which he used regularly with film. I can also remember a ropey old film projector and an overhead viewer which we used for some unknown reason. For me video or taped stuff never appeared until I went to secondary around 1978.

Comment

Yes in primary school i can remember us watching videos as well as watching stuff on the tv.

Theyd dim the lights a bit as well.

This was in my primary school i remember us watching stuff on the vcr.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I remember my primary school getting a DVD player in 1999 but there were very few educational DVDs to stick in it at the time. It was used to show films at the end of term.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                      Can't remember any sort of video recorder in my school. We went to watch stuff when it was aired.
                      Yes & I can remember that on screen clock counting down before the programmes started.

Comment

Did anyone encounter a U-Matic at school? I believe a few of them were used by secondary school drama departments for filming because the quality was higher than VHS or Betamax.

Comment

Is the u matic a type of video recorder.

Cant be sure if ive ever saw one.

Originally posted by arran View Post
                          did anyone encounter a u-matic at school? I believe a few of them were used by secondary school drama departments for filming because the quality was higher than vhs or betamax.
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

http://umatic.palsite.com/

Available in Low-Band, High-Band, and SP variants.

Comment

Sadly I can't/don't recall much about the School Video Recorder par at Primary School it was brought out for the older Years as a last day of term treat to watch Cartoons etc - which was an awesome treat we all always looked forward to very much! At secondary School (both I went to) I think I can recall it being brought out once - if that!!

80sChav

Comment

Working...
                              X