Haircuts you desired when young/younger - but never had

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haircuts you desired when young/younger - but never had

I know there is a thread about Haircuts we had, but I have been thinking for a good while - what about Haircuts you wanted but never had or got around to. I had many ideas years later after hitting 20/25 of haircuts and hairstyles I'd dreamed of having (even dying it) but until then at 25-ish I'd just never had the guts. Having Tramlines in my hair was a major move for me as too I'd so desired the "Curtain's Haircut" 8 out of 10 lads had in the late 1980s to the middle of the 1990s as well as adding blonde streaks possibly too. The later was caused by A) noticing a family members Blonde Hair dye they'd been given as a gift and B) an episode of Neighbours from around 19993/1994 with a one-off character related to Stonefish and Toadie in a Coffee Shop. Sadly though this was only the begining for my hairstyle and haircut ideas that took years to reach realism for me. Thankfully too though noticing many haircuts at the time and re-collecting them (though not very well) makes me still have a that 1980s/1990s attachment to my life (that helps keep away the dreaded thought about the first few Grey Hairs I've obtained recently)

80sChav

Re: Haircuts you desired when young/younger - but never had

I WANTED TO GO a skinhead and also a mohawk both sides short but the middle third completely hairless.

cant really have seen the olds allowing it going to chool that way would have been odd and probably not allowed.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
      I WANTED TO GO a skinhead and also a mohawk both sides short but the middle third completely hairless.

cant really have seen the olds allowing it going to chool that way would have been odd and probably not allowed.
      I had forgot about the Mowhawk Darren - me too

Thugh may-be more based on the "Bif Mop" people had in the 1980s is the version I'd of liked - a bit like Paul Young and George Michael's versions!! George's Mopp on one of the Wham Album's (though I have forgot which exactly) is legendary as for sure as far as the 1980s go - no doubts!!

Comment

A mohawk. I guess I'd have to go for the skinhead look if my hair continues to go West. It's either that or get a rug -- no in between for me!

Comment

I always wanted a really good quailty long hair spiral perm, so the curls fall in corkscews, however I always ended up looking like a frizzy poodle.:'(
          Heather

Comment

Being lumbered with the thinnest and finest hair on the planet I have always failed to get nearly every hairstyle I have wanted.

As a kid my hair was always cut into a straight bob with a fringe. My mother said it was easy to manage and made it look thicker. I hated it. Everybody else had long hair tied up in bunches, plaits and pony tails. Mine was too short for a pony tail, bunches were nothing more than a couple of sticky out paint brush ends and my slippy strands fell straight out of any attempt at a plait.

When I got to 11 I grew it a bit longer and grew out the fringe but it hung in limp rats tails. I wanted a perm but was told in no uncertain terms that I didn't have the right sort of hair and it would end up a mess (by mother and hairdresser). A couple of years later I wanted it cut short. Once again my mother huffed and puffed and managed to brow beat the stylist into convincing me that I shouldn't have it done. I went through the whole curling tongs thing too, but the results fell out after five minutes.

As an adult I finally had free reign. I did have it short for a while and I've had it highlighted once (I looked terrible, learned to stick to brunette) but overall I've given up on it as it is still useless in the styling stakes. Funny thing is down the years and to this day whenever I see my mother and discuss hair she always says "You should have your hair cut into a bob". Aaaaargh!
            Last edited by Trickyvee; 18-08-2014, 17:03.
            1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
            X