This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's in Your Butty?

From school lunch boxes to workmens snap tins... the humble butty graces them all.
    What's your favourite/most hated butty filling?

I dreaded school trips coz I was always the one with the egg butties that would stink the bus out. Love them now though.
    But for me the ultimate butty has to be the mash and mushy pea butty with ketchup. Utterly divine!
    My Grandad used to love Lancashire extra mature cheese and strawberry jam butties!
    sigpic
    Mrs Oggy
    ~~~*~~~*~~~
    Count your friends amongst the stars....
    And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

my fav has to be condensed milk butties. try before you squeal with disgust
    Andrea

------------------------------------------------------
    THEY THINK THAT IM THE OTHER ONE AND THE OTHER ONE IS ME. BUT I AM NOT THE OTHER ONE AND THE OTHER ONE AIN'T ME

Comment

When I was at junior school and had sandwiches as lunch my fav was luncheon meat with red sauce. I wouldn't eat it now tho... yuk!
      If eight out of ten cats prefer whiskas, do the other two shave or wax?

Comment

Sarnies

Good thread Momma!

Well when I was at school, Mum would make us boiled egg sarnies - smelled gross but tasted wonderful! Every time I opened my lunch box at lunchtime someone would say 'urgh, who's farted'?

Sometimes she'd make us chicken roll sarnies for a change. I love 'em now but back then, I would remove the chicken roll and eat that first, followed by the bread and butter.

When we were treated to take-away fish & chips for dinner, I would always save a few chips to make a chip sarnie. I loved the way the warm chips would melt the butter. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Plus, of course, fish finger sarnies, as previously mentioned!

~Smee_1972

Comment

You mean to tell us Smee you didnt have spam sarnies? lol
          sigpic
          Mrs Oggy
          ~~~*~~~*~~~

Comment

i remember being at junior school once and i had a quick look at the edge of my sarnie and it was peanut butter .

Sadly once i chomped into it i found out it was dripping , my dad had mixed up the sarnies in the kitchen , i then got a really bad telling off from the dinner ladies for spitting it out over the floor .

cheers dad yuk !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Not into chip butties, love a good old fashioned cheese and onion sarnie.

Comment

My favorites are egg and tomato, bacon butties, corned beef and onion,cheese and onion,cheese and tomato - the list goes on, so many good sandwiches to make...roast chicken,pork and stuffing...
                Not keen on anything with too much mayonnaise..and I always have to put salt in my sandwiches...Chip butties are hard to beat as are crisp sandwiches (plain crisps only) Hungry now lol

Comment

Sausage and egg's one of my favorite breakfast sarnies, or a BST bacon, sausage and tomato scrummy too.

Comment

Ruby if you like bananas try banana and ready salted crisp butties too! Yummy!
                    I am surprised though Oggy to find you have made no mention of my famous Pork Steak salad butty. Shame on you and here was me thinking you liked them! SNIFF! SOB!
                    sigpic
                    Mrs Oggy
                    ~~~*~~~*~~~

Comment

Not the banana and crisps sarnies, omg must be a northern thing, as bad as christmas cake with cheese? Oooooo Momma you know I loved those, they were well yummy, heres a hankie, dry your eyes my precious..... What about pork and stuffing sarnies, with gravy, and a bit of crackling, yummy scrummy, just like you Momma.

Comment

peanut butter and jam mmmmm

Comment

Banana ones that had the bread turned black by lunchtime.
                          Lovely smelly egg ones.
                          Try this - bully beef with tomato ketchup & onions.
                          Luncheon sausage - any type : red lead, garlic salami, chicken'n'ham roll.
                          Squashy-fresh white bread & ham.

In boarding school, our suppers were burgers/ fish fingers/ chips ( on Fri, good Catholics that we were ) with beans. We'd make sarnies out of the lot.
                          Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Some odd, strange concoctions we seem to enjoy, what makes us all so different I guess tastes etc. I like a nice ploughmans too, cheese, ham sald the works, and pork pie, in our house we adore cheese, and Momma who hails from up North, introduced me to the delights of Psycho cheese, wow the Dog's indeed, even if she does eat it on occasion with christmas cake.

Comment

Sarnies

FAO Momma - sorry for tardy reply! - nope, I *hated* SPAM as a youngster! Different story now though!

FAO Steve - I think I would have needed treatment if I had unwittingly bitten into a sandwich filled with cold gritty cow fat! *barf*

Never mind eating cheese with Christmas cake, I have in fact seen cheese for sale which has bits of Christmas cake in it. *barf #2*

My current fave sarnie is tuna, sweetcorn, spring onion and a little mayonnaise on granary bread. Even better, use toatsed bread and add some cheddar to the top (inside, that is) and pop it in the mocrowave for 30 seconds or so - a nice hot tuna melt!

~Smee_1972

Comment

Working...
                              X