Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

late 80's early 90's new zealand film ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• late 80's early 90's new zealand film ???

Wonder if anyone can help, I am trying to track down a film which I saw in the 80's early 90's, I am sure it was a New Zealand film and the story goes something like this. A young couple who are having relationship problems (think the woman had just had a miscarrage) decide to go on a camping holiday to try and rebuild thier relationship and get over the loss of thier baby, they go to some isolated beach (beautiful scenery) set up camp and go for a walk, down in the bay they notice a camper van and go down to investigate where they find a group of hippies having a party, they join in and smoke heaps of weed & drink then go back to thier campsite, in the morning a little worse for wear, I think woman goes for walk herself back to the beach to see the Hippys, on her way she is freaked out by a large dark object which is under the water, she runs to the bay to tell the hippys and finds that they have all drowned "being wasted sleeping in the van while the tides coming in" = (not a good idea) by this time she is hysterical and runs back to her partner and tells him about the strange dark thing in the water and the drowned hippies. He then grabs his rifle and the strange dark object is still there.. swims out to the hippy van and see's all the drowned hippys the runs back up the cliff and shoots at the dark object several times... the animals in the forest that night seem unrestful, and the next day a Dead Walrus has been washed up on the beach, the rest of the film as I recall, seems that all the wildlife goes nuts and has got it in for them for killing the walrus !! from snakes to spiders, deer to birds.... the guy is killed. and I think woman crashes the car when the Deer runs out in front of her, cant remember if she survived, think the film ended with the car crashing .....

Can anyone help ???
    DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Yes I remember this, but haven't the foggiest what its called, saw it a couple of times too, thought it was good.

Comment

Re: late 80's early 90's new zealand film ???

still not any ideas ppl ??

Comment

I remember watching this, was an Oz film called 'LONG WEEKEND'

Long Weekend (1978)

Comment

Wow, nice one Danny
          Heather

Comment

It was one of the Channel 4 'red triangle' films for scary/sexual content so my VCR was quite busy for a while!

Comment

Cheer's DANNY now you mention it, it was a Channel 4 'red triangle' Film, used to watch it all the time but didn't have a vcr :cry:

now to try and see if I can track down a copy

Hey! Thanks again !!!

Comment

Ok thats that sorted
                LONG WEEKEND (1978) Special Edition | +Extras | R1 DVD on eBay, also, DVDs, DVD, Film TV (end time 13-Feb-09 14:14:18 GMT)

could have got it cheaper but wanted the one with extras, although since I have paid for it, the bloke on ebay has put up the price ??

Comment

LOL probably noticed his views going up
                  Heather

Comment

Is this the one where there's a couple in the out-back, being haunted by the bush?
                    I always remembered this one. Classic.

Comment

Omg! I remember watching this shocker of a film when we were kids with mum and dad and we all laughed ourselves silly. Was an Aussie film actually. with John Hargreaves.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Weekend_(film)

Wanted to read up on this one, since it sounded interesting - they remade it last year.

This link is handy for fans of DVD extras with multi region players. The Region 1 disc is about £8 for extras fans, or the film only Region 2 one is available for £4 from Amazon.

Rewind @ www.dvdcompare.net - Long Weekend (1978)

Comment

Working...
                        X