RIP Richard Kiel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Richard Kiel

RIP Richard Kiel 1939 - 2014 , better known to many as Jaws from the James Bond films. Pictured here with one of the DoYouRemember team in 2004.

Heather

Re: RIP Richard Kiel

Yes I read about it he was a tall guy 7ft 2in

Comment

7"2'??!! He'd have made a good Lurch in the Adams Family. I wonder if the production company of the Adams Family approached him for the part of Lurch?
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
        7"2'??!! He'd have made a good Lurch in the Adams Family. I wonder if the production company of the Adams Family approached him for the part of Lurch?
        Yes or a Herman Munster

Comment

Sad news, I did hear he auditioned for the TV version of the Incredible Hulk, but wasn't ripped enough compaired to Lou Ferregno.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

this is so very sad.

ill always know him for his two 007 appearances in moonraker and the spy who loved me alongside roger moore.

r i p richard
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Being a big fan of the slightly camp Roger Moore era as 007, I really enjoyed Kiel's performance as Jaws. I read that Moore and Kiel became very good friends after working together.

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                Yes or a Herman Munster

I prefered The Munsters especially Lily who I had a crush on. The best bit was the fact they saw Marilyn as the wierd one when in fact it was them that were the wierd ones
                sigpic
                Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
                  I prefered The Munsters especially Lily who I had a crush on. The best bit was the fact they saw Marilyn as the wierd one when in fact it was them that were the wierd ones
                  Yes I know

Comment

Jaws was such an iconic character for us 70's lads. The only villain that we all wanted to win at the cinema.

Comment

Another one of Richard Kiel's most famous roles was an early role in "The Twilight Zone" as a cannabalistic alien.

Comment

I Also Met Him A Wonderful bloke to talk to and to meet

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Working...
                        X