Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Dickin R.I.P

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6194773.stm

A sad loss to radio land and a true legend, i remember i first heard him back in the late 70s on LBC a great grumpy character and very out spoken.
    Goodnight Mike where ever you are R.I.P :cry:

Sad news, God rest.
    Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

May his God, gods go with him.

Comment

I just read this post, I had no idea Mike Dickins had died. That is very sad - I have some fond memories of him. Mike Dickins used to do late night shows on Capital Radio between 1983-1986 I think, as my brother and I, who used to share a room when we lived with our parents, used to listen to his late night phone-in shows and quizzes on the radio.

He used to do a Pot Black-style quiz on a Thursday night, and a music quiz on a Sunday night, that I once managed to phone through to and enter. The music quiz involved playing the B-sides of records and then giving you 10 seconds to name the A-side. On that night, I don't think anyone had named any of the A-sides correctly. When I got through, Mike offered me the chance to guess the A-sides to the B-sides he had played for other callers. Amazingly, I got all of them correct. However, when it came to my record, an Elton John track, I named nearly every major hit he had released within the 10 seconds, except one. As I had said practically every other possible answer, Mike Dickins just announced the one title I didn't say, and played the record. He also sent me an autographed picture of himself in the post.

As far as I am concerned, Mike Dickins played an integral part in my formative years, and as thus will be sorely missed. The radio world is a poorer place without him.
        Cheers

Armchair

Comment

Well written words Armchair.

Comment

No offence,but I had never heard of this guy till he died
            But I do remember staying up late on a Sunday night to listen to Jeremy Beedle on LBC (1979ish)..great informative show,but sadly,he went to TV and all illusions were shattered ;(

Comment

Oh and Jellybone with Tommy Boyd has just popped into my head..
              Mr angry!!

Comment

Re: Mike Dickin R.I.P

mike dickin was a presenter on talk radio which is now talksport.
                been listening that station since it started.
                was sad when i heard the news.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                X