Sid James RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sid James RIP

Sid James (born Solomon Joel Cohen; 8 May 1913 – 26 April 1976) died on stage at the Sunderland Empire, whilst acting in The Mating Season, on Monday 26th April 1976 aged only 62. The day before, he suffered chest pains and when his wife Valarie insisted he go to hospital, Sid promised he would go the next day. He asked his wife not to say anything to the other cast members.

Best known as a comedy actor, starring in the 'Carry on' film franchise & the television series 'Bless This House', Sid also acted in radio programmes, most memorably 'Hancocks Half Hour.

So, with his career in films, television & radio, Sid was a very talented actor, sadly missed
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Sid James RIP

I'm guessing you just watched "The Unforgettable Sid James " on ITV? Most definitely an under-estimated actor.

Comment

From what I've read there was a lot more to his acting skills than dirty laughs, & even being a foil Tony Hancock.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

i never found him funny or liked him at all.

he just seemed to me to not be a nice person.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
          i never found him funny or liked him at all.

he just seemed to me to not be a nice person.
          No me I thought he was a horrible dirty old man

Comment

Originally posted by Cooldeepblue View Post
            I'm guessing you just watched "The Unforgettable Sid James " on ITV? Most definitely an under-estimated actor.
            Yes I did Cooldeepblue
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
            X