Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone remember orange hexagonal dominoes, maybe called hexominoes 1970s

Hello all, 1st post.

Fantastic forum, which I have been browsing for a short while now.

Anyone remember orange hexagonal dominoes?

They might have been called hexominoes.
    I remember getting these as a treat on a trip out with mum.
    They were played a bit like Triominoes, but were hexagonal. The pieces were orange and about 2.5 inches across. Can't remember if they had numbers or dots. The pieces came in a tube - cant remember if the tube itself was hexagonal or round.
    They were bought in Lewis's in Argyle Street in Glasgow in the early 1970s - don't know if that shop still exists.

I would love to own a set of these again, but just for now to see a picture of them would be good.

Have hunted high and low online for years now and no luck.

Any leads welcome

Re: Anyone remember orange hexagonal dominoes, maybe called hexominoes 1970s

Only thing I can think of is Tri-ominos

Comment

Hexogram?

Comment

Contack?

Comment

Thanks so far, none of these I am afraid.

Comment

Here is a really bad mock up of what the pieces looked like from memory

Attached Files

Comment

This?
              http://www.gemanigames.com/html/hexominoes.html

Comment

cant remember it never heard of it but it looks good in its lovely wooden box.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Cooldeepblue View Post
                  Saw the link and thought "yes!!" Sadly when I clicked through it was not the one I had. Mine looked very modern and "space age" I suppose. Shiny orange plastic pieces.

Comment

Hi
                    Hope you’re still interested. I think I have what you’re looking for!

Originally posted by iluvthe1970s View Post
                    Hello all, 1st post.

Fantastic forum, which I have been browsing for a short while now.

Anyone remember orange hexagonal dominoes?

They might have been called hexominoes.
                    I remember getting these as a treat on a trip out with mum.
                    They were played a bit like Triominoes, but were hexagonal. The pieces were orange and about 2.5 inches across. Can't remember if they had numbers or dots. The pieces came in a tube - cant remember if the tube itself was hexagonal or round.
                    They were bought in Lewis's in Argyle Street in Glasgow in the early 1970s - don't know if that shop still exists.

I would love to own a set of these again, but just for now to see a picture of them would be good.

Have hunted high and low online for years now and no luck.

Any leads welcome
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hope you’re still interested.
                      Think I have what you’re looking for.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Yes, we had those! Great fun!
                        Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
                        X