Christopher Strauli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christopher Strauli

Born in Harpenden, Hertfordshire, 13th April 1946, Christopher Strauli is best remembered for his role of Bunny in the TV series 'Raffles'. He was educated at Felixstowe Grammar School, Suffolk. After a teacher-training course, he gave up a career as a maths and science teacher to attend the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, London. Wise move as he didn't look back during the '70s and '80s. He spent some years at the Bristol Old Vic where he gained more experience in acting. He followed the success of 'Raffles' with the excellent sit-com, 'Only When I Laugh', playing the part of Norman, alongside James Bolam and Peter Bowles. He also starred in the featured film version of 'Rising Damp' but admitted feeling uncomfortable playing this part after the death of Richard Beckinsale. Though this was a tragic loss, I think Chris did a great job and created a character of all his own. The naive virgin who boasts of his romantic conquests with a mixture of charm and innocence. He has appeared on 'Victoria Wood', playing the part of a student in one of her sketches. Not only talented at comedy, Chris has done lots of classical theatre and was in the BBC Shakespeare production of 'Measure For Measure'. Another sit-com was for ITV - 'Full House' with Sabina Franklyn - but this isn't available on DVD or video. It was known as 'Mixed Doubles' in the USA. Chris is married with two daughters and two sons. He is now working in the world of role-playing/communication, mostly helping to train people in the medical profession. A far cry from acting but I am so glad he is happy with his life and the work he is doing. He left us with some wonderful comedy and dramatic roles. I cherish my signed photograph I received from his back in his 'Raffles' days! A terrific actor who, I think, didn't get the recognition he deserved.
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    Times Square

Re: Christopher Strauli

Christopher Strauli now.
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    Times Square

Comment

Working...
    X