Jemima Rooper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jemima Rooper

Jemima Rooper played Bobby Waterman (I think that was the surname) in the Carlton remake of The Railway Children. In that remake Jenny Aggutter played the Mother whereas in the 1970 original Jenny Agguter played Bobby

Best known line has to be "Daddy my Daddy!"

If you watch, on the 1970 original, the last walk the children take along the railway bank you can ACTUALLY see passing traffic in the background. Yes really and it is suppoesd to be the early 1900's. That was definately missed in the editing suite lol
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Jemima Rooper

I did a check just now and she was called roberta bobbie waterbury so u were not far wrong.

I never knew of this remake from 2000.

Was it close to the original.

Jenny played the mother in this version
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

There was a different begining, whereas in the original it was Christmas when Daddy was arrested but in the remake it was Peter's birthday; though in both Peter's main present was the steam engine

Mrs Potts was played by another actress to the one in the original

Wheras Bernard Cribbins played Mr Potts the station master in the original; it was Gregor Fisher (of Rab C Nesbit fame) who played him in the remake.

As you already know Jenny Agguter played Bobby in the original whereas Jemima Rooper played Bobby in the remake. If I have to be honest I feel Jemima Rooper is the better actress playing Bobby. If you watch the remake you will see Jemima puts her heart into her character; not to say Jenny didn't. It's just that Jemima pulled at my heart strings with her strong emotions that came out in her performance as Bobby.

Jemima Rooper also played the star part in the BBC Schools series Junk where she becomes addicted to heroin after running away to Bristol with her boyfriend to end up living together with others in a squat

Also Jemima starred in Lost in Austen where whilst staying at a stately home she walks through a door into the times of Jane Austen. Jemima looks at her mobile phone & finds she has no network coverage. Not suprising really as phones as a concept have not been invented yet
      Last edited by Twocky61; 09-02-2015, 18:31. Reason: Duplicate Sentence
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

very interesting indeed i must watch both although ive seen the original but a long time ago.

i guess back then they didnt want bobbie so emotional but i far prefer jemima as she really put everythinginto it.

wow gregor fisher hah.

so all in all quite different both versions.

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
        There was a different begining, whereas in the original it was Christmas when Daddy was arrested but in the remake it was Peter's birthday; though in both Peter's main present was the steam engine

Mrs Potts was played by another actress to the one in the original

Wheras Bernard Cribbins played Mr Potts the station master in the original; it was Gregor Fisher (of Rab C Nesbit fame) who played him in the remake.

As you already know Jenny Agguter played Bobby in the original whereas Jemima Rooper played Bobby in the remake. If I have to be honest I feel Jemima Rooper is the better actress playing Bobby. If you watch the remake you will see Jemima puts her heart into her character; not to say Jenny didn't. It's just that Jemima pulled at my heart strings with her strong emotions that came out in her performance as Bobby.

Jemima Rooper also played the star part in the BBC Schools series Junk where she becomes addicted to heroin after running away to Bristol with her boyfriend to end up living together with others in a squat

Also Jemima starred in Lost in Austen where whilst staying at a stately home she walks through a door into the times of Jane Austen. Jemima looks at her mobile phone & finds she has no network coverage. Not suprising really as phones as a concept have not been invented yet
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

As you say Darren about the Bobby character If you watch the carlton remake on VHS or DVD Jenny Aggutter talks about the two films as an introduction. She says she is pleased Jemimna too the role of Bobby because of her strong emotions.

Attached Files
          Last edited by Twocky61; 10-02-2015, 08:19. Reason: Format Change
          sigpic

Comment

Don't believe this, Twocky61, I'm a huge fan of Jemima!!!My fave role of hers was in 'Hex'. Sexy seriesLoved 'The Railway Children' too and 'Lost In Austin'. She also had a part in 'Silent Witness', an animal lib activist (good for her!!), and was brilliant in thatWouldn't it be great to see her and Holly in a cop series together ... Dream on
            sigpic
            Times Square

Comment

Get a load of this
              Attached Files
              sigpic
              Times Square

Comment

Did you ever see her in 'The Famous Five'? She played a great George. I always preferred the '70s Famous Five TV series but got hooked on the '90s series once I got into it and I think Jemima stole the show. Our best young British actress, in my opinion. She's got it all
                sigpic
                Times Square

Comment

Originally posted by Rollingstone88 View Post
                  Get a load of this

OMG so hot
                  sigpic

Comment

Jemima will always have a special place in my heart, as does Holly Aird

I agree with you Rollingstone. Holly Aird playing mother to her daughter played by Jemina Rooper would be brilliant

I am going to check which production companies have used both Holly & Jemima in programmes made by them

Then I am going to email each production company to see if there any future projects they have them in mind for

I will C&P on this thread any replies
                    sigpic

Comment

Good idea, Twocky61I think Holly and Jemima would work so well together. They have that same natural, yet intense, acting ability where they can completely disappear inside their characters. I always felt the same about the late Charlotte Coleman - must put something on here about that brilliant actress - that there's just something unique about them when you watch them. Good luck in contacting the production companies. There are always their agents, too. I think Holly still has the same agent as she did in the '80s, Hutton Management, FulhamNow, there's loyaltyIf I thought it'd get noticed, I'd love to write a script for a project for them. Let me know how things go
                      sigpic
                      Times Square

Comment

Charlotte Coleman - Any relation to Lisa Coleman? Lisa played Jude in Casualty, also Carrie in Tracy Beaker kids tv show
                        sigpic

Comment

Yes, Twocky61, Lisa was Charlotte's sister.
                          sigpic
                          Times Square

Comment

And Lisa is a Vegan apparently as she wears no shoes
                            sigpic

Comment

Good for herI'm almost vegan but I do wear shoes, ha, haI know Lisa has always been into animal welfare. Charlotte was too but she once played the part of a hunter and started changing her outlooks on the subject (arrghh!!), not sure whether she got back to her senses, but I know Lisa has always been a real animal lover. Great actress too. But, her sister, wow, she was just amazing, especially in those early BBC Screen One dramas. Lisa was in an Hunt Sabs play years ago, actually, and there's such a intense part where they're trying to stop a hunt, jump out infront of the horse and hunter, the horse is startled, falls and has to be killed, so the Sabs are naturally blaming themselves and it raises questions about their actions. It was so good. Lisa had some small parts in Absolutely Fabulous too, didn't she? I liked her in Tracey Beaker too. She and Charlotte looked more like twins
                              sigpic
                              Times Square

Comment

Working...
                              X