Woohoooooooooooooo!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woohoooooooooooooo!!!

I am just SO excited with my Christmas pressie, I just had to share it with you all!

My Dad and Sis got together and got me....a 1970's, chunky, magnolia-hued, bog-standard, BT phone! I LOVE IT!!!! See photo!!!

I have been spending today with the phone on my lap, dialling random numbers, just so I can hear the dial click and whirrr......I am in 70's heaven!

Hope you all had a BRILLIANT day....my thoughts especially are with our Oggy and Momma...hope you guys got settled enough to have a lovely Christmas!!!

Love 'n' hugs to you all,

Smee_1972
    Attached Files

What a cool present!!!! You lucky DYR'er!!!

K xxx
    If eight out of ten cats prefer whiskas, do the other two shave or wax?

Comment

Kool phone!

Comment

I remeber when we had one of them when i was younger I kinda miss it.
        Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

yay love the phone - I got sat nav and hard drive camcorder not very retro LOL!
          No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

I know, my new phone ROCKS!!! I love the fact that I can't turn the ringer off or anything! It is original!!!

Comment

A nice bit of retro there.

I too recently went retro phone-wise, I bought a 70's trimphone sounds great.

sigpic I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!

Comment

Do they actually work on normal BT lines nowadays? I assumed we all has digtal lines? I remember these old phones were wired straight into the old BT junction boxes

Comment

Nice one Smee - next year get one with a button A when you're through & button B if you want your 2p back.
                  Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Phone

Hiya Daz - yes, it does work, as the only thing that's different is that it is not wired into the wall like the 70s ones, it has the modern type of jack which plugs and unplugs.

LOL @ Aidan and remembering button A and button B! And remembering the days when one could put 2p in a phone box and manage to talk to someone for a minute or two!

~Smee_1972

Comment

Wow you can get anything these days cant you? Wonder what the weirdest thing anyones ever seen for sale, or looked for online?

Comment

Working...
                      X