Sport at College/Uni (F.E)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sport at College/Uni (F.E)

Did any other members play Sport at College or Uni at say a competitive level or for a team (and if so what Sport)?

If so post here, what you played - be it Football, Rugby, Tennis etc etc!

80sChav

Re: Sport at College/Uni (F.E)

I didn't do anything after leaving school.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
      I didn't do anything after leaving school.
      Shame about that Richard, sorry mate

I did Tag rugby at College and wanted to try out for other Teams but sadly this never worked out... no Sports Academy's at Colleges in them day's (mid-late 90s)

Comment

Played Rugby at university - sort of fell into it when I got there and found I'd been signed up for a trial by a mate from school who was in the second year! This was because I'd played throughout school (where it was known as 'Rugger').

Comment

I played Rugby at university and sort of fell into it in a way because when I got there I found that a mate from school a year older than me had already signed me up for a trial. I'd played all through my school days, where it was known as Rugger.

Comment

Only badminton school lunchtimes
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Bear View Post
              I played Rugby at university and sort of fell into it in a way because when I got there I found that a mate from school a year older than me had already signed me up for a trial. I'd played all through my school days, where it was known as Rugger.

Same here - I played at College too

It was a very Pro-Teram set up like Wasps, Harlequin etc - being suited and booted/having Cammadaire etc and the jokes etc that went with it from our Coach to gee us up!

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                Same here - I played at College too

It was a very Pro-Teram set up like Wasps, Harlequin etc - being suited and booted/having Cammadaire etc and the jokes etc that went with it from our Coach to gee us up!
                I realised that I could become very lazy at university and so joining the Rugger team gave me focus and enabled me to push myself. Like you I valued the camaraderie and friendship. The coach was a marvellous chap, an ex-Naval Officer whose language was filthy!

Did you do any other sport at college? I played Cricket in the summer, not because I was all that great at it but because I had several good friends as team-mates, plus (frivolous reason) I liked being able to wear the jumper that went with being in the team.

As a student I spent so much time on sport that I’m amazed I got any work done.

Comment

Football (mostly five-a-side), running, squash, badminton, table-tennis, even had a go at American Football!

Plus I was in the Uni rifle-shooting team.
                  Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

I tried lots of sports well tried them rugby football athletics at school.

But my brother did represent his school at hockey
                    and rugby.

HE WAS QUITE OFTEN IN THE LOCAL PAPER IN THE SPORTS PAGES PICTURED WITH HIS TEAMMATES.
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                      I tried lots of sports well tried them rugby football athletics at school.

But my brother did represent his school at hockey
                      and rugby.

HE WAS QUITE OFTEN IN THE LOCAL PAPER IN THE SPORTS PAGES PICTURED WITH HIS TEAMMATES.
                      I played Hockey for the House at school sometimes but didn’t continue it after O Levels when I concentrated on Rugger.

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                        Football (mostly five-a-side), running, squash, badminton, table-tennis, even had a go at American Football!

I continued with cross-country running at university but as an occasional hobby not at competitive level. Like you I was in the rifle shooting team but at school rather than uni: I took it up in the 6th form. It went well with being in the Corps. But there was a limit to the amount of sport I could do at uni because I was committed to playing Rugger and Cricket and I continued with the Corps as well. I went on with rifle shooting in the vacations with a local team - most of the chaps were a lot older than me.

Comment

American football must have been interesting!

Comment

My Colleges was good but no so good Zabadak

I wish I could sign up for there!!

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                              My Colleges was good but no so good Zabadak

I wish I could sign up for there!!

80sChav
                              He’s clearly multi-talented. At uni I concentrated on a few sports but they took up a lot of my time.

Comment

Working...
                              X