C & a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C & a

Who used to shop at C & A racks of clothing You could spend hours in the store looking for stuff

Re: C & a

c & a oh my yea I use to go there I must say
    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
      c & a oh my yea I use to go there I must say
      Always plenty of choice and you wouldnt leave without buying something

Comment

c and a cant think of the name of the shop.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
          c and a cant think of the name of the shop.
          Really darren I am sure they were still around in the 90s until they dissappeared

Comment

I bet nobody knows what C&A as an acronym is:

Clemens & August

The two founders of the store

In the Preston Lancashire branch early 70's there was a jukebox on freeplay. I always chose Elton John's Crocodile Rock when there either with Mum or even sometimes on my own Being 11 the staff knew I was not a potential customer but were still nice to me & one particular lady (she was probably a holiday temp fresh out of High School doing her first job. I actually had a crush on her) If I remember rightly her name was Cheryl)
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

They closed their UK stores in about 2000, but are open in most of the rest of Europe.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
                I bet nobody knows what C&A as an acronym is:
                Is it so the ladies knew which way round to try the knickers on?
                Heather

Comment

! Heather!

Comment

What? lol, I meant 'C'entre forward and 'A'round the back, you naughty boy!
                    Heather

Comment

Lots of C&A memories myself. As a child I would look under the clothes rails for any little plastic size tags that had fallen to the floor. They were different colours as well and I ended up with quite a collection of them.
                      I remember the security cameras they had in the store. They were fixed high up on the ceiling and were black, round and had camera lenses pointing out - I was a bit scared of them as they looked a bit Dalek like.
                      Whenever winter came around, the store would be fitted out with lots of skiing range of clothes wear. I would usually buy a ski jacket myself as a winter coat, along with lots of other kids at the time.
                      I remember a range of clothing called Rodeo. Also (I think) Clock Tower, but maybe wrong about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
                        Haha. I remember my big sister telling me that joke when I was about 10. I didnt get the joke until many years later.

Comment

The old ones are the best... I remember the clockhouse range
                          Heather

Comment

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
                            Now you mention it Heather................ lol

Also maybe Coats & 'Ats
                            sigpic
                            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by jason h View Post
                              Lots of C&A memories myself. As a child I would look under the clothes rails for any little plastic size tags that had fallen to the floor. They were different colours as well and I ended up with quite a collection of them.
                              I remember the security cameras they had in the store. They were fixed high up on the ceiling and were black, round and had camera lenses pointing out - I was a bit scared of them as they looked a bit Dalek like.
                              Whenever winter came around, the store would be fitted out with lots of skiing range of clothes wear. I would usually buy a ski jacket myself as a winter coat, along with lots of other kids at the time.
                              I remember a range of clothing called Rodeo. Also (I think) Clock Tower, but maybe wrong about that.
                              I remember some other shops had those "Dalek" cameras, the Boots in Stockport did, I did see one recently in Manchester.

Until recently I had some C&A clothes around, some of my ties might be from there.
                              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                              X