The Flight Of Dragons (1982)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Flight Of Dragons (1982)

I saw this like ages ago and just recently baught it on video off ebay. I love this movie a lot. Great stuff
    Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

yah me too i like this movie so here's the picture...

BRIAN JONES - this brilliant multi-talented musician who attempted, albeit unsuccessfully, to juggle drug use with his musical output, died under questionable circumstances on the...

Comment

Re: The Flight Of Dragons (1982)

There I go again. Digging up a super old thread, lol.

I remember it on VHS back in the 80's.It's a real great film and needs to be remembered by animation fans. Certainly one of the classics that cashed in on the Dungeons and Dragons boom of the late 70's early 80's before it went all Warhammer. I also had a book by the same title more in the realms of cryptozoology,(gosh is that how it's spelt?) but a fantastic book and one I will have to try to hunt down again soon.

Here's a link to u-tube for the trailer. It's a blast from the past but a welcome one.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn9xV6_yyG0

I recently managed to get a copy in the Warner Brothers Archive Collection series of DVD's. Pity the film is not yet on Blu-ray.

Comment

THE OGRE ALWAYS SCARED ME A BIT.

SO ATMOSPHERIC IT REALLY IS.

GREAT ANIMATION INDEED.

SO THERE IS A BOOK OF THE FILM THEN.

https://youtu.be/XSSndTbEYeM

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
        There I go again. Digging up a super old thread, lol.

I remember it on VHS back in the 80's.It's a real great film and needs to be remembered by animation fans. Certainly one of the classics that cashed in on the Dungeons and Dragons boom of the late 70's early 80's before it went all Warhammer. I also had a book by the same title more in the realms of cryptozoology,(gosh is that how it's spelt?) but a fantastic book and one I will have to try to hunt down again soon.

Here's a link to u-tube for the trailer. It's a blast from the past but a welcome one.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn9xV6_yyG0

I recently managed to get a copy in the Warner Brothers Archive Collection series of DVD's. Pity the film is not yet on Blu-ray.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

The book I had was "The flight of Dragons" was older then the film but it was about the science behind dragons, Some of that speculative science was used in the film to explain the mechanics behind dragons.

If you watch the film when you first meet peter he is playing the game with the same name as the film. The cover of the games box lid actually has the picture from the front of the book on it.Pretty much a nod to one of the books the film was based on. The other book the film was based around was the novel "The Dragon and George".
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralCoolStuff View Post
            I saw this like ages ago and just recently baught it on video off ebay. I love this movie a lot. Great stuff

I have the Channel 5 release which has the 105 minute run time. I hope you bought that one because the other VHS releases are only 95 minutes and some are as short as 92 minutes, like the Australian release.

Comment

that quite a difference between 10 and 13 minutes
              thats a lot missing and make those versions not make sense storywise.

Originally posted by trip2themoon View Post
              i have the channel 5 release which has the 105 minute run time. I hope you bought that one because the other vhs releases are only 95 minutes and some are as short as 92 minutes, like the australian release.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

The Warner Brothers archive release runs at 95 minutes .Depends if you look on Wikipedia or the IMDB the run time is between 92 and 96 minutes. I have been wondering what is included in the Channel 5 release that would be missing from the Warner Brothers DVD which would increase the run time.

Comment

Working...
                X