Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kids Cassette Tape Story Collection in School Bus Wooden Box. HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids Cassette Tape Story Collection in School Bus Wooden Box. HELP!

When I was a kid I had a tape set that I got from my aunt. I don't know if it's 80s or 90s as I don't remember quite when I got it. But there were about 8-10 cassettes that fit into this wooden yellow school bus shaped box. It wasn't Magic School Bus (which is all I ever find when I try to google this set). The stories were narrated by a female voice actor who did the voices for all of the different characters in her stories and on her "show" (each cassette was like an episode in the series, and had a different theme). One of the recurring characters was the narrator's sort of sidekick, a witch named Wendy (also a very common character, difficult to google), and I believe the narrator's name was Janie. Almost positive. I remember she sang educational songs that were very entertaining, one in particular I remember a few lyrics to: "We're opposites, we're different, but one thing that we're not: is boring, boring, we're not boring". Kitschy, cute little kid stuff, I know. Anyway, this was very dear to me and I miss those stories so much. I'd love to be able to share them with my children, but I don't know what it's called or how to find it. If anyone remembers this, please let me know. I can't find it anywhere. I'm desperate. If I don't find it, at least I still have Wee Sing in Sillyville, but these tapes were what I fell asleep to every night until I was about 8 or 9. They're incredibly important to me.

Plus I haven't been able to sleep for a while, and I bet if I had these again, it would do the trick (as silly as that is for a grown woman, and despite how much my husband might hate it). I have to find these tapes! Any idea what it was?

Re: Kids' Audio Cassette in Yellow Wooden School Bus Box. Help?

I just remembered another song, about an imaginary friend. "A giant gallumpagus used to be my pet..." and then something about humongous and his nose was wet. If that helps. My husband just suggested I put this on reddit. Might be a good idea...

Comment

Re: Kids Cassette Tape Story Collection in School Bus Wooden Box. HELP!

Hello, I know EXACTLY what you are talking about, it's My Little Yellow Bus, Judy and David are the characters you speak of. I E-Mailed them in November of 2011, when I was expecting my son, they still have copies of the tapes for sale...for $30 plus shipping (I'm in the U.S and figure the shipping would be too much, I can't imagine what it would cost to get a set to the U.K.) but I can give you the E-Mail or website if you'd like

Comment

YES!!!! I'm in the US as well! Haha. Fancy meeting you here. I'd love to order some. I'll also be traveling a lot this year (nearly every city), so depending on where you are we could possibly meet up for me to buy them.

Comment

Oh you said THEY have copies. I read that wrong. Please link me to their site?

Comment

http://judyanddavid.com/store/catalogue/
            "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

The answers here are wrong. You weren’t thinking of Judy and Dave. You were thinking of “The Little Wonder Bus” by Jane Norman

Comment

thanks for reminding me of my childhood I remember that yellow bus Judy and Dave eh I would return at that time I still remember my children's board games.

Comment

Working...
                X