Quazar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quazar

in the late 80's i remember having great fun playing this.
    you went in and paid your pocket money to hire a lazer gun connected to a vest type thing with a sensor on the front and back.....and basically the idea was to shoot as may people as you could with out getting hit yourself in a dimly lit arena.

i guess the modern day equivilent is paintballing.
    anyone else remember it??

Its still going by me, i'm a member, its called or mines Laser Quest now, think Quaser might have been a different game? But love it have some great fun in there, grown up star wars, shooting lasers and fun, even took my daughter too, can't wait to take youngest daughter, Boo and unleash her on the zone.

Comment

Yep..The one where I used to go was called Quazar,then changed its name to Lazer Quest. Used to be a great day out.

Comment

still going?!?!? i havent seen one for at least 10 years.
        wish there was one near me had many hours of fun pretending to be Han Solo

Comment

Theres a few by me, in the midlands, my mate Jason used to run one, and there was an observation window too, so you could watch the games when waiting, way kool fun, and for all ages too, we used to take mirrors in to bounce the beams off, and took it maybe a tad too serious me and Ant alias Anti Madge, I was known as Funky monkey, for reasons became known later as Sex machine! Its cheap membership for a year too, join up now...

Comment

I remember it always being expensive..about £5 for 20 minutes,and that was in 1990

Comment

£5 for 15mins at mine, but it does seem longer, and memebership is only a tenner for a year, then you get reduced rates, members games, your own name, and more kool stuff, not been for a while but I will be back!

Comment

Quasar was superb! We had one in Exeter when I was at college (91 - 93), and some friends and I formed a team called The Inept. We used to run about and 'cheat' by covering our packs, and putting foil over the sensors, which made us essentially impossible to hit. It worked like a charm for a few weeks until we were discovered, humiliated and sent to the bottom of the league. Oddly, we became minor celebrities as a result, and even got a brief mention in the local paper.

Cheaters DO prosper, after all, it would seem...

Comment

Welcome to a fellow cheat, or should that be using ones initiative, I prefer that one. You try not to run, but you look silly niether walking or running, more of silly walk. One night we were in there with a group of ladies out on hen night, slightly tipsy, which was fun, to cut to the chase I was nearly locked in there all night with one lady, but boy was it good fun! And thats when i had my nick name changed from Funky Monkey to Sex Machine, lol.

Comment

You're right there, Oggy. The 'Quasar run' always made you look as if you were desperate for a poo and trying to get to a toilet. It did make pack covering a lot easier, though.

So, when you were trapped in there with the drunken hen night ladies, did you shoot her with your laser, or were you a perfect gentleman?

Comment

Well use your imagination, dark place, alone, had to teach her to hold the weapon properly too, the laser gun folks, oooooops....its was fun not been in a few months the old tag team of Sex Machine and Anti Madge seems to have bitten the dust.

Comment

If I use my imagination, I'll probably ending up posting something to get me banned from DYR for all time. Best keep that Pandora's box closed!

Comment

True enough, but it was a fun night. Never though a laser zone could be so much fun mind you.

Comment

Re: Quazar

"Serious Fun with a Laser Gun"
                            Heather

Comment

Re: Quazar

Paintball was around before Quazar. I started playing paintball in about 89 and it had been around for quite a while before that. I have some good memories of playing Quazar at Basildon Bowl with my paintball team and again with workmates. We had a few drunk nights in there, one involved a full-contact version of the game with some skinheads and us jamming the smoke button so it spilled out onto all the bowling lanes, the bouncers threw us out.

Comment

Working...
                              X