'New' old things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'New' old things

I was washing up this morning and thought it might be fun if we could name things that we have / use now, for something other than we used to use things for - if you follow.

Bet most of us have BBQ Tongs - but how many have sugar tongs ?
    I was washing the BBQ tongs, and thought, really they are just longer Sugar tongs

another less obvious one - car sponges most of us probably had them to wash cars, bikes, boats etc..., now we probably only use Kitchen Sponges
    ??

Re: 'New' old things

Magazine rack! I've got one but its for hiding console controllers in and bits of toys I find lying on the floor when I'm hoovering. Every home should have one I think.

Comment

We use 2 trays one for holding the kettle & coasters the other for putting the biscuit jar on.
      Whicker baskets I had for xmas with foam bath sets etc,I use for spice jars they fit in quite well also another one for storing vinegars oils etc

Comment

I have sugar tongs and sugar cubes in bowls. Somehow I think they look cool compared with sugar granules or sachets.

How about those 1980s Hi-Fi cabinets that look like chests of drawers used as server cabinets?

Comment

Address books? I seem to start one off really neatly every year then I use the pages for shopping lists instead.

Comment

Bought a cabinet for storing cds,but changed our mind because it had 9 draws so now its used for storing pens paper leaflets etc.

Comment

Or....Using a lovely fold out wooden DINING table, stuck in a corner and being used as a computer table

Comment

Working...
              X