Has your school ever been filmed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has your school ever been filmed?

Has your school ever been filmed by a TV company for a news report or a documentary, or by an independent media company to create an educational video?

Re: Has your school ever been filmed?

only to show it was being knocked down............and yep you guessed it......to build a 'school'

Comment

I don't think any of my schools have (at least while I was there) but my college did for a news report, I even managed to get the back of my head on TV!
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Our primary school in Hesketh Bank Lancashire was filmed early 70's. Something to do with school dinners which were delivered by van 'meals on wheels' style. 'Meals on wheels' is a term relating to meals delivered to the elderly by local volunteers
        sigpic
        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Swansea University is in a few YT clips...
          Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

My old infants school, Alaw, was filmed in 1949. 10 years after it was opened. The film can be viewed on the BFI site. It is called "Way of Life." I didn't attend there until 1970. Even so, many scenes in the film I recognise. They had hardly changed in the intervening years. Strange to think, some of the children there, could have been the parents of some of the children I went to school with. The headmistress filmed, was still there in the 1960s. She was the headmistress when one of the depot inspectors, where I work, was a pupil there. Small world.......
            Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

News report, no idea what it was, mid 70's. Camera crew turned up at lunchtime and filmed from outer gate, we hung around the inner gate. That night we were on the local news. Think it was just stock film for an education story.

Comment

Back in the day a film crew turned up at Nechells Green Primary School to get some filling shots to be used as part of the intro for a new TV prog called "John Craven's Newsround".
                We were allowed an extra 10 minutes playground time during which we were instructed to run around like children in a playground.

I must say that I followed directions to a tee (I'm a natural, Dahling... ) but, due to the lack of video recorders at that time, I never quite managed to catch a glimpse of myself on the box although a brief microsecond clip of the playground mayhem was used in the intro for all editions of the show.

I must be owed thousands in repeat fees by now.

Comment

Originally posted by fynger View Post
                  only to show it was being knocked down............and yep you guessed it......to build a 'school'
                  I'd love to see my 'orrible ole School get knocked down. Actually I'd offer to help.

To the case in point I remember us being filmed in the early 70's for some cricket documentary or some such.

Comment

Originally posted by Pussywillow View Post
                    I'd love to see my 'orrible ole School get knocked down. Actually I'd offer to help.
                    No not my first Secondary School, but I believe my 2nd one was filmed for a music performance (though that was before my time)

Me too I'd sure have paid to see my first Secondary School being knocked down - even if I may have got a bit watery eyed!! Sadly though it has already happened and I missed out on it (in both ways)!!

80sChav

Comment

Working...
                    X