X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Look in' magazine....

Hi all,
    Does anyone remeber 'look in'?

There was also another magazine out that was pretty risque I think it involved cartonns involving pigs.. my memory's hazy.. does anyone know what I'm on about.. it used to be all the rage in 86/87?
    Cheers,
    Jared

Pigs??? I use to read Look-in

I think you may mean Oink! comic
    Last edited by sixtyten; 10-01-2007, 02:14.

Comment

Oink yep, that was ok, there seemed to be a few like that though, Viz rip offs?

Comment

Look-In was kool and there were spinoffs too:

Tv Action, this was kool

and

Target another action series based comic, with Target,Kojak and even a Hazell tv strip.

How about

Countdown with Doctor Who

and the legend that was

TV21.......koolness indeed.

Comment

Hi all....

Heres a bizarre Look in memory from around 1979..Im sure it was a comic strip over a few parts starring Charlies angels, trying to solve a murder or something but dressed as or infiltrating an American Civil War re-enactment Group? Does anyone else remember this story? I followed it avidly at the time!!!

all the best....

Rab )

Comment

Sorry,Rab,can't remember that but then my knowledge of Look-In probably stops around 1977.
            I always found it quite dull,and can't believe it lasted so long on the market.
            Being an oldie,I can also remember getting Disco 45 for song lyrics.
            I recall it was Disco 45 or Fab 208 magazine that gave away David Bowie and Marc Bolan iron on transfers in about 1974/5/6 ish.
            I still have a picture of me and my sister in the park around this time..she has the Bolan,I'm wearing the Bowie (as I've never really liked Bolan to this day,but love Bowie still)
            last I remember getting Disco 45 was in August 1979,when I convinced my father to take me to Knebworth to see Led Zeppelin.
            so it had a pretty long shelve life (opps,gone a bit off topic here )

EDIT. as Disco 45 was a folded A4 size,it must have been Fab 208 that gave away the transfers,as they were A4 sized
            Last edited by sixtyten; 11-01-2007, 03:29.

Comment

Oh,and before anyone asks..I thought they were **** at Knebworth..I was too young to be at a huge gig like that and it had no atmosphere for me.
              I'd been to other gigs around the same time but that was just too big for a child (13/14)

Comment

Disco 45 that was a forerunner of Smash hits wasn't it, i bought it for the lyrics too, think it was in Look-In the Charlies Angel strip, but there was also one that ran in the short lived Target comic.

Comment

Hi Guys...

Cool memories Daz!!! I cant really remember much of the music mags around before around 1980 but I think it was 'Flexi-Pop' or something I bought that had the Blue Vinyl Flexi single of Motorhead doing 'the Train Kept A Rolling'..loved that..whatever happened to Flexy Discs? Used to have quite a few with Early 'Kerrrang' copies...

Loved the Memories of the Bolan and Bowie Transfer mate..id have loved that, I am a Bowie Fan but I have to admit im more of a bolan Fan and Regard him as something of a Musical Genius..I even love his very bad poetry and Acoustic Tyrannasaurus Rex Hippy Stuff...lol..Bowie was such an innovator...both class acts..Cheers for the help with Charlies Angel Memories ogg, sure it was in Look in...the rest of the mag was pretty **** though Daz, you are right...

Id have loved to have seen Zeppelin at Knebworth but was 11 in 1979 and like you said, it would have meant very little to me..I did once see the Police play a Field in Paris when on a School Primary 7 Trip in 1980..there were so many people and it was Scary!!! lol..As a veteran of many outdoor Gigs now, Reading, several Donningtons, milton Keynes and Gig on The Green thats quite afunny memory now...lol...

All the best lads....

Rab ;0)

used to read 'Sounds' Avidly in my Band playing days...miss that

Comment

Re: 'Look in' magazine....

I remember Look-In. Also Smash Hits and Big!. I'm trying to find out what other magazines were around during the early 90's as I'm desperately trying to find an issue with Cathy Godbold in one of them. Remember her as Meg Bowman in Home and Away? There was a full page poster of her that I kept on my wall for a long time hehe!

Comment

It might take a while to find exactly what you want but if you put " Cathy Godbold" into ebay tick search title and description box, it will bring you all magazines in which seller have listed her. There is just the one copy of Inside Soap with a half page feature of her at the moment!

Heather

Comment

lol! My first post here on these forums and an astonishing result!

I did search eBay yesterday, but didn't check that title and descript box.
                        My god, you are my hero. Magazine bought!

Comment

YVW
                          Heather

Comment

Was the risque pig mag in cartoon form? Its ringing a distant bell...

Comment

The Look-in

Does any one remember The Look-in? it was a grate magazine back in the 70's
                              I am Dyslexic so please remember that I am Dyslexic wen replying to me!

Comment

Working...
                              X