Aloha, fellow nostalgics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha, fellow nostalgics!

Greetings, one and all. Stumbled upon this site when I was searching for a picture of a Smash martian to show a friend at work.

Born in '75 as I was, I'm an '80s child, and very proud to have grown up in the decade that taste forgot. They were certainly 'purer' times, when we could all play in the street at night and visit friends across town by ourselves in the evenings. Of course, when I got my ZX Spectrum in 1984, I gave up on the outside world!

It's nice to find a forum full of memories and, even better, one full of fellow Brits. It seems like a sound place to spend some time. I've just signed up whilst slacking during an evening shift at work, so will get round to posting soon.

Look forward to meeting you all. Best wishes from Devon!

Welcome friend aboard the good ship that is DYR.

Comment

welcome!!!

Comment

Welcome!!!

Howdy SmartBomb and a massive welcome to you!

I am sure you'll enjoy your time on this sooperdooper site....I, too, stumbled across it some months ago and now I am addicted! The people here are lovely (ignore the spammers!) and you might be amazed at the memories this site stirs.....even if you are an 80s child! Although, the 80s are now quite a long time away, I guess...and there's me thinking they were but five minutes ago...*sigh*

I was born in 1972 so I classify myself as a 70's child (just about) and my main TV memories are Sapphire and Steel, Tales of the Unexpected, etc - all started in the very late 70s.

Do keep those posts coming - nice to meet you!

(Best wishes from norf London!)

~Smee_1972 (who is a girl, by the way!)

Comment

Hi mate!!

A very warm welcome to you from way up here on the East coast of fife,Scotland..Born 1968 and War toys, airfix soldiers and Action Man obssessed!! that and retro gaming..he ehee..never grew up! lol

all the best and look forward to your posts..this is a great site with some lovely people on...

kind regards...

Rab ;0)

Fife
          Scotland
          Last edited by OrangeCremolaFoam; 11-01-2007, 11:01.

Comment

~Smee_1972 (who is a girl, by the way!)[/quote]

Never thought you were a girl LOL love dondons (also a girl)

Anyway back to topic welcome to dyr hope you enjoy sharing your memories with us x
            No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

Omg Don Dons are you a girl? thought your were a lady? I'm a lad.....

Comment

well I'm of the female species!
                No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

Hail and wel come...look forward to reading yopur memories
                  sigpic
                  Mrs Oggy
                  ~~~*~~~*~~~
                  Count your friends amongst the stars....
                  And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

Therefore Dons I must be a male of some kinds species.....

Comment

But what species thats another thread/question of its own.

Comment

Bloody hell, people! I come back after a day and find myself in the middle of a gender/species war. I almost feel guilty.

Thank you all for the welcomes. It's good to finally find a forum in which the denizens can use the English language properly

I myself am a man. I think. Let me check *fumble* aye, still male. Which is a relief.

It'll be good to wax nostalgic with people who actually share my outlook. Whilst I might sound like some Eeyore-styled curmudgeon, it's sites like this that help keep me sane, especially as a lot of the wonder seems to have gone from life when you compare it to how things were when we were children:
                        - The opposite sex were just 'disgusting' and to be avoided at all costs
                        - Ghostbusters was the height of comedy and special effects
                        - A ZX spectrum game kept me happier and more absorbed than many PC/Xbox 360 games I play today
                        - You used to believe in magic, monsters under the bed and that things like The Neverending Story really COULD happen

I'll shup up now and go and make some proper posts, and get down from my podium of malcontent...

Comment

Proper posts, omg is that what DYR is for? Kool place this and you seem a fun guy Smarty, hi again.

Comment

Originally posted by Oggy
                            you seem a fun guy Smarty, hi again.
                            It's all a facade. I have a trained capuchin monkey who writes my posts for me. His name is Juan.

Comment

So we should say a welcome to Juan then, hi there you cheeky monkey you, and do you know, and famous monkeys at all?

Comment

Working...
                              X