Build a better burger!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build a better burger!

Sorry if this has been posted before. Who remembers this from the 80's? I loved it, has to be one of the best ever!

Re: Build a better burger!

I remember the ads but never knew anyone who had one.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Wow what an odd name for a board game.

I had took twice to see it was a board game based on food.

Never heard of it or over time ive just forgot about it.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

A classmate at primary school had this game. The burger on top was turned to wind up a clockwork mechanism then the centre section with the cards would spin round when it was released. If you pressed down on the burger the centre stopped spinning. It was broken at the time so all that it could be used for was building miniature plastic burgers.

Comment

I had this in the mid 1980's - one of those games I saw advertised on the tv, and pestered my parents for; probably Christmas 1985 or 86 at a guess. As a small child I didn't really understand the concept of the game, and just played about with the plastic food! I overwound the central "spinning contraption", breaking the internal mechanism, thus rendering the game pretty much useless. Along with a lot of my games of this era (such as Bedbugs, Operation and Mouse Trap), it kicked about in the loft gathering dust. It ended up at the tip when I moved house in 2001, in one of those ruthless "get rid of the memories/junk" moments.

Comment

As I remember it though, the basic ideas/principle of the game was:
            Each Player (2-4) was dealt a "menu card" - this would be attached to the central "spinning" thing, around which was a lot of plastic sectors, each filled with plastic burger ingredients, packaging etc. The top part of the spinner (a large pretend burger) was wound up, and acted as a timer. This rotated, with the menus spinning - therefore players only got a glance of their instructions every 10-15 seconds - and it was then a race to correctly assemble each order; containing Burger/Fries/Milkshake (all of which were made up of small plastic components). The first player to successfully do so then had to press the "burger" down on the central spinner. If no one managed to do so within the time given, then the cards would be re-dealt and played again.

I assume there was not wide scale appeal or longevity to the game, as I can't remember any of my other friends owning it, and never saw it on sale or advertised in later years. It was fun while it lasted, though!

Comment

Working...
            X