Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a vague recollection!

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum which I came across whilst trying to remember an old game I used to play many moons ago. I am hoping someone can help, despite only the vaguest recollections that I have! I think I must have played it on either Atari or Commodore 64 in the very early 80's and all I remember is that there were loads of characters you could select to play as, one of them was called Persimmon! I think there were different levels (or classes) of characters and Persimmon was a lowly character. I have been trying to think of other characters names but keep hitting a brick wall. It may have been japanese or chinese inspired....It was an adventure type game - that's all I can remember of it.....but it's really bugging me as to what it was called...please please please help me!

Re: Help with a vague recollection!

Princess Tomato in the Salad kingdom?

Comment

Hi Daz thanks for the reply, but no, thats not it..... That one did keep coming up whilst I was searching for the mysterious game - but that was released in the 90's whereas the one I am talking about was definately early 80's - also Persimmon was the only character that had such a name - no other fruit or vegetable names in it! I seem to remember something to do with roaming around a village and you could "recruit" others.... I dunno.... this was one of the very first games I ever played so the old memory is a bit hazy now! Thanks anyway - I'll keep scrathing my head over this one.... I'll check back tomorrow for any other replies.

Comment

or scratching my head!

Comment

No idea sorry as I had a spectrum.......

Comment

Hi mate!!!

I had a C64 and an old Atari that I played often...could it be 'Samurai Wars, the Battles of Usagi' you are thinking off? That was a C64 game, around 1988? an early Adventure title? Not positive..;0)

all the best...

Rab ;0)

Fife
            Scotland

Comment

Was that with the Samurai Rabbit Rab?

Comment

Yeah,this was the only other game that came up when I searched for persimmon, maybe this is the one.? its around the right time and is a Jap/Oriental adventure

Comment

Usagi Yojimbo Wow didn't know there was a game too, love the comics too, kool, and amzing art out by Stan Sakai.

Comment

Hi everyone and thanks for your replies..... I am still not certain that the game has been identified as I cannot for the life of me remember a rabbit character, (or much samurai action!) but perhaps that could have something to do with the fact that this was all so long ago! Thanks for all of your help anyhow....

Comment

you're most welcome, keep posting.

Comment

OK this is a verrrrryyy old thread and those involved have probably moved on, but I reckon the game is called Shogun.

Screen below - note the name of the character in the bottom right:

Comment

Working...
                        X