my grifters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my grifters

for the last few months i have been tinkering with my new favourite waste of time , the raleigh grifter , a classic icon of the 80,s , i have bought a whole shed load of these and am now heavily involved in the grifter forum on the internet , i have a 1980 on the refurb at the moment , and i have refurbed a 1982 into a semi custom , plus i have various other frames and bits and pieces in my shed .
    if you want to see pictures of my grifters check out the grifter forum on the home page of this website .

Re: my grifters

Go for it mate, we all need a hobby

Comment

What site, steve ?
      Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

hi there the website is
        www.raleighgrifter.aceboard.com
        and see if you like

Comment

Okies I'll have a look see mate.

Comment

I'm getting the empty boxes with the red X where the pics should be. Looks a fine site tho...

Comment

Kool though

Comment

I had a Raleigh Chipper didnt have a Chopper !!! Even years on my Girlfriend even now states i still dont have a Chopper

Comment

I wanted a Chopper, didn't get one either...maybe theres still time?

Comment

Originally posted by Garry Turner View Post
                    I had a Raleigh Chipper didnt have a Chopper !!! Even years on my Girlfriend even now states i still dont have a Chopper
                    Just don't tell her she's a bike Garry !

Comment

Aright Mate,

I'm glad to have stumbled over your thread,as you have the same waste of time as me but my passion is the Raleigh Budgie.I to have a garage full with frames,forks,spare wheels,tyres,pedals you name it it's there...

My time is spent in the garage with wire wool cleaning all manor of parts for my latest bike.I have one in the paint shop at the moment and one I have just started to strip.This one i picked up of ebay for £20 and now the prices have doubled.

The problem i have found there seems to be loads of sites for the Raleigh Chopper and the more remebered iconic bikes but not the humble Budgie..
                      Oh well let me know if you find any sites when your searching around on the net.
                      sigpic

Comment

Shame as the budgie is the one everyone seemed to have!!
                        Heather

Comment

They are a cool bike but i didnt have one , but having read your thread why dont you start a forum on the internet given the amount of members that the grifter forum now has it could go large sooner than you think

Comment

Sorry to hijack the thread and im up for a rollocking by the mods for this , but if you want to see a fine collection of grifters as well as burners , there is an event happening on Bank holiday monday 5th May at Brooklands in Surrey , its actually the Emergency services day but the Grifter forum will be there again and in addition to that there is the museum that holds vintage bikes as well as the classic ones such as , choppers , grifters , tommahawks the list goes on well worth a visit , even if it is to say that you have been on the famous banked track used by Graham Hill , Moss, Fangio ect ect a great day out for all the family
                            Last edited by steve edwards; 28-04-2008, 09:27. Reason: missed word

Comment

, from a MOD lol, puts the whip back in the cupboard.
                              Nothing wrong with this kind of post. It's sales spam we hate
                              Heather

Comment

Working...
                              X