Terrifying PIF!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrifying PIF!

I remember watching this film when my school went on a day trip to some barracks that had been converted into various emergency scenarios (so we could learn what to do, e.g. call 999 properly, put a fire out etc).

I think it was about a bunch of kids on a farm, called the Apaches or something? Each one met a gruesome death along the way - one drowned in some slurry, another was poisoned, one was squashed under some metal railings, and one crashed a tractor.

Does anyone else remember? Brrrr....gives me goosebumps just thinking about it!

Re: Terrifying PIF!

Sounds like a horror film, could we send the Teletubbies there by chance

Comment

LOL now that would be good!

Comment

Yep, sounds it to me too, I'm an artist and drew a comic strip for a corporate inhouse magazine, had a gun toting kid killing the Spice Girls, except or Mel C my fave, the second issue was to have him killing the Teletubbies.......

Comment

Well I remember it was called "Apaches" and I still can't find it anywhere to watch, either on the computer or DVD. Guess it just scared too many people, LOL!

Comment

seems scarey none the less, tried a search for it, or E-Bay?

Comment

I am pretty certain I remember this one but cant find it in National Archives.
              sigpic
              Mrs Oggy
              ~~~*~~~*~~~
              Count your friends amongst the stars....
              And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

as someone who messed about on farms during the school hols I can wholeheartedly confirm they are scary places.... when I think back!!!!
                The eyes have it!
                sigpic

Comment

True Pedro.... being asked to lead Samson the huge Charolais bull to the heifers scared me silly until I saw the effect of blowing in his nostrils had on him... big softy really! But I guess we could do with some of these being repeated.
                  sigpic
                  Mrs Oggy
                  ~~~*~~~*~~~
                  Count your friends amongst the stars....
                  And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

Originally posted by Solo View Post
                    I remember watching this film when my school went on a day trip to some barracks that had been converted into various emergency scenarios (so we could learn what to do, e.g. call 999 properly, put a fire out etc).

I think it was about a bunch of kids on a farm, called the Apaches or something? Each one met a gruesome death along the way - one drowned in some slurry, another was poisoned, one was squashed under some metal railings, and one crashed a tractor.

Does anyone else remember? Brrrr....gives me goosebumps just thinking about it!
                    I think I remember the one with the tractor I think it was reversing and the bloke didnt see the kid and run over him. I think there was a few other ones as well warning kids of the dangers of playing on farms.

There was another that I remember, where it was warning of the dangers of not having a cover over the tractors prop shaft, the bloke gets out of the tractor to do something and gets entangled in the spinning prop shaft.

I think it wouldnt do any harm to show PIF today, IMO they made me aware of the various dangers etc, but now we live in such a nanny state that they would probably say that these PIF would have some lasting traumatic effect on a child.
                    Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

Just seen a programme on itv1 Britain Beware well worth a watch (an hour of pifs)

helped me to find this

Heather

Comment

Originally posted by Fatboy View Post
                        I think I remember the one with the tractor I think it was reversing and the bloke didnt see the kid and run over him. I think there was a few other ones as well warning kids of the dangers of playing on farms.

There was another that I remember, where it was warning of the dangers of not having a cover over the tractors prop shaft, the bloke gets out of the tractor to do something and gets entangled in the spinning prop shaft.

I think it wouldnt do any harm to show PIF today, IMO they made me aware of the various dangers etc, but now we live in such a nanny state that they would probably say that these PIF would have some lasting traumatic effect on a child.
                        I agree. All the PIF's we remember were made in the 70s and were repeated well into the early 1980s, so my generation even got them and were aware of the dangers. PIFs are still shown - at 3am onwards some days on the main channels which is bad as not many, barring insomniacs see them! I'm amazed the COI (Central Office of Information) is still classed as the biggest advertising spender among the Civil Services as they don't seem to be showing many new ads on tv at key times like they used to - I can remember seeing scary PIFs at Halloween, Bonfire Night, school holidays etc and they really drove good messages home...Abroad, PIF's are still hard hitting - the Australian slogan for drink driving is: 'IF YOU DRINK AND DRIVE YOUR A BL--DY IDIOT' - which is a stark message and a great one at that. I agree with fatboy that the UK is too cosseted with its Nanny State ads now...

Anyhow, Farms are dangerous, my ex girlfriend told me of a girl with long blonde plats in her hair and she was working a threshing machine - it caught her plaits and you can imagine the rest - it tore her hair and scalp clean off - poor girl.

Comment

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

I don't remember that one exactly, but I do remember one about the dangers of strangers. There was this deep, demonic voice that boomed over the film SAY NO TO STRANGERS. I can still hear that voice in my head to this day.

The lovely and amazing website TV Ark have a whole section dedicated to PIFs. Have a watch, they are fab. Brings back memories alright. http://www.tv-ark.org.uk
                              - Rik Mayall Fanpage On Facebook
                              - My retro Youtube channel.

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X