Comic lined coats and pod shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comic lined coats and pod shoes

Can anyone else remember the craze of wearing a coat, with comic stips printed on the inside lining,at about the same time we all wore what i think were Pod shoes which had to have the leather tags still attached by the laces?
    Heather

Re: Comic lined coats and pod shoes

OMG i remeber the coats my friend had a matching school bag to one!! And pod shoes I'd totally forgotten them!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ladies-girls-b...em200073152557
    No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

That goes way back to the 70's and kicker shoes

Comment

I bought a pair of POD trainers last year, still wearing them now.... Can't say i recal the comic strip lining though, but sounds kool to me.

Comment

I had a denim jacket with comic lining... it was stonewashed.... ohh the shame!!!

I didn't recall the pod shoes, until I looked at the link.... I would say happy memories but I am still cringing at the mental picture of how I must have looked.
          If eight out of ten cats prefer whiskas, do the other two shave or wax?

Comment

I remember Pods..mine were flat and made of blue leather with little holes in the front and a buckle across, with the Pod tag hanging down.
            Didn't have the comic strip coat lol but did get into those reversible jumpers that were like wearing a duvet...one of mine had pale blue sky and white clouds on one side and the opposite on the other

Comment

I remember the comic-strip lining in coats. Course I didn't have one. Can't place the Pod shoes tho...
              Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

i dont remember the comic strip coat linings but i had a pair of Pod shoes 2 years ago....didnt realise they had been about that long.

Comment

Yes I thought POD shoes were another example of "Labelisim" of the 90's didn't know they were around in the 70's
                  The eyes have it!
                  sigpic

Comment

I remember Pods from the 90's you were well cool if you had a pair of pods Mine were dark blue with a buckle. They were disgusting comfy though.

Comment

Yeah I had a comic lined jean jacket too. I think I also had some jeans like that aswell they were ripped with the picture behind.
                      Some other jeans i remember wearing a few years later in the mid 90's were black but the top back half was red. You could also get other colours.
                      Don't remember pod shoes but I had Kickers and Wallabies, then i went all smart and had penny loafers. I heard the other day that the proper Kickers are back in!

Comment

No fear have picked up on the comic strip/Lichtenstein look for their hoodies.
                        One mans trash is another mans treasure !

Comment

The comic-patterned items seem to be 'in' right now - check out the Oasis in Brum if you don't believe me. I thought about buying something last time I was there, but tbh at my age it would have to be a black overcoat lined with a comic strip I actually read and no-one's produced that yet.
                          I'm your duck

Comment

Talking of 70's footwear, anybody remember Kios shoes? Think Adidas Stan Smith in colours like navy blue with a red kios rectangle in the heel.
                            "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

At our school the girls used to where the jackets inside out for some reason. Maybe it was the fashion.

Comment

Working...
                              X