Old Lego Sets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Lego Sets

It was a wet weekend, just gone, and as my son is lego mad, I dug out one of my old childhood technic sets from the 80s now he's a little older.
    It's been in it's box for about 30yrs and amazingly was only missing two pieces, despite having been dropped a few times, and several house moves. We scrounged replacements from other kits very easily.

Set 8860 - Car Chassis - from about 1980, back on it's wheels in 2016.

Re: Old Lego Sets

I love the Lego Technic series. I've got this one that I bought last year but haven't gotten round to building yet.

Comment

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
      I love the Lego Technic series. I've got this one that I bought last year but haven't gotten round to building yet.
      Looks like a great set. Some of the newer ones are incredible with their motors and actuators.

Comment

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post

Three years later I've finally started building it!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181002_092101.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	262497

Name:	20181002_181627.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	262498

Comment

I can remember when Lego was just a bunch of bricks and you made of it what you would...
          Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

I remember those old sets. For some reason I liked the gray rubber wheels that came with them.

Comment

Not Lego Technic but I scored this box of 80s Lego Space and Knights from a charity shop a while back for $20 (with a guest At-AT Driver bonus):

Saving this till my boys are old enough not to eat it.

Comment

My late father was a bricklayer and I am certain that he used to get a huge buzz building houses out of Lego on Sunday mornings - I am sure that it made him feel nostalgic about his former occupation!

The Lego was originally bought for me as a six year old, you understand, but my father couldn't help having a go himself.
                I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Nice model!

I credit those early 90's Technic sets with bringing me into my current profession. They were awesome. I remember those motors needing a long stack of C batteries though.

Ah the days when Lego figurines had only one face, regardless of the character

Comment

I remember those old sets.

Comment

I only remember ads for those kinds of Lego sets. I had a few of the cute astronauts ones and the yellow castle with the drawbridge and various knights. Of course i combined them for space knights!

I think the more specialized Lego sets you can maybe only build one, or whatever small number of things, they are meant to build, especially today... but in the early '80s and before it was more versatile.
                      My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

I finally got round to dragging the lego out of the attic, here's my very first one - 1973

Click image for larger version  Name:	01 Tanker 312 .jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.4 KB ID:	281805
                        DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

then moving onto 1974

Name:	02 Locomotive driver and passenger 252.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	281807

Comment

I'm pretty sure the next 3 were 1977

Name:	03 sea plane 371.jpg
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	281809

Name:	04 Fork-Lift truck 850.jpg
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	281810

Name:	05 Tractor 851.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	281811

Comment

Wow, your sets and constructions are great and I'm sure someday they'll be precious for museums It's good to hear that your son Nik_Barbour play LEGO with you and don't think it's oldfashioned / not cool for kids. Did you hear about lego - Green Instructions in which you can use old sets of blocks to rebuild them into completely new constructions? Following online tutorial, you can rebuild Lego Technic 42096 (sports car) into a bike or change coal mine into a windmill. Great fun without spending money.

Comment

Working...
                              X