Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Dad

My Dad
    Not sure what planet he came from but theres a couple of things/memories that stick out with him, as a kid you're kinda thick/silly, maybe even stupid at times, slow on the up take......

But........

He gave us a milkshake he called it, of his own making, milk and orange squash, tasted yuck, but no MacDonalds in those days......eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

And..........

He gave us fizzy pop too, whcih consisted of Andrews Liver salts with orange squash.......eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Re: My Dad

Lol, I made fizzy pop with Andrews once too

Comment

and............what were your conclusions?

Comment

ugh!

Comment

More of an eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee to me

Comment

lol i actualy got real pop in my kid days so nyaaa nyaaaa!!
            Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

Pops?

Ooooo were you posh then, did you have Corporation pop? How about a/the popman that came round with his lorry, either Alpine or Corona?

Comment

Re: Pops?

Thankfully my Granny was there to stand in for my Mam when needed so I was spared my Dad's culinary delights ! Tried the orange shake meself, a Super Split mashed into a glass of milk. I discovered : milk and citrus don't go together.
                I'd say the orange with Andrews got the "traffic moving south", Daz ?
                Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Telling me Aidan, the thing I don't understand is where my dad got the ideas from......and home made toffee apples too..........they were so sticky..treacle overload.

So any other things moms or dads have done/made?
                  Last edited by Oggy; 16-02-2007, 08:47. Reason: stutter momment....

Comment

The toffee'd be simple enough : boiled brown sugar in butter, no need for treacle or Golden Syrup. The apple bit, simpler still...

On the subject , does being an Everton fan from New York make Sly Stallone a Toffee Apple ?!
                    Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Ouch, Aidan are you a standup comedian? Well my dad used treacle.....

Comment

Hey my dad was from Liverpool and we lived in East London. I used to get laughed at at school for saying mooshy peas!
                        "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

My dad once made us chocolate easter eggs by blowing hen's eggs, and filling them with chocolate. Only thing was, he forgot to wash the eggs out first.

He'd also make us tea, which was basically a tupperware(remember that stuff?) beaker full of half milk, half hot water and the tea strainer with the leaves in, dipped in and out a few times.

Comment

I remember my dad making milk ice lollies...yuk
                            and Bonfire toffee that broke your teeth
                            Heather

Comment

I remember mum went into hospital when we were kids and Dad was head cook etc. Seemed we lived on everything with beans for two weeks. fritters(sliced potaoes battered and deep fried) a speciallity of his!!!
                              The eyes have it!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X