Your first Lap-Top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your first Lap-Top

Though I am not a mega fan of them personally) did you buy/use your first Lap-top Computer - not eg a Typewriter link a Rank Zerox but a Lap-top as they are today that has the capacity to fold like a Brief-case!?

I ask this as I saw one on Bread from a 1990 Episode - though it was obviously filmed in 1989, but if even this is true, even at an extensive (at that even!!) push, which is pushing it too far at that - I can not recall Lap-Top's before 1995 or until after - if not even 1998 or 1999.

If any did exist in the very early 1990s/late 80s then you must be talking £8 to £15k easily for one in those day's, which is far far far more than even an avergely good-decent typewriter which my Mum used as a Short-hand worker in that era , which was probably worth a Thousand new

80sChav

Re: Your first Lap-Top

I had a Cambridge Z88 from 1991 to 94 at school as I was a special needs pupil. This was very basic even by the standards of the day.

The Amstrad Notepad was similar, but a bit more advanced.

Certainly by 93-94 the first PC laptops were around, & in 1995 my Dad had an IBM Thinkpad from work with a colour screen that seemed very advanced for the time.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I remember that there were laptops at work for those visiting customers. This would have been around 1989 or 1990, and were pretty bulky and heavy. I think they were using DOS.

Comment

Never had one...
        Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
        X