Not sure if this is classed as a board game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if this is classed as a board game

but can anyone recall a game, the object of which, was to get all your flies out of a spiders' web, without being knocked back to the center by the spider.
    The board was blue(i think) with lots of slots going to the centre and little holes where the flies made their way round the web. Then if the dice was rolled and landed on the spider, the player would swing the spider round (looked a bit like a swingball)and the spider would then settle into a slot and knock your fly back if you where on that spot.

very long winded I know, but it's driving me craaaaaayzeeee

beware of the spider???
    Click image for larger version

Name:	35453206.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	258166
    or
    Click image for larger version

Name:	OG-SPIDER.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	258167
    Last edited by Heather74; 28-11-2007, 13:36.
    Heather

Comment

Re: Not sure if this is classed as a board game

Simply called Spider & Fly

Comment

That's the one Daz. thanking you once again. I shall now be able to look out for it on ebay, and get it for my daughter (read that as myself)

Comment

but those other games look so good too, so I'm now looking out for them as well, as my daughter loves spiders (strange child)

Comment

Nothing wrong with spiders Mtina..... I am the official house spider protector at home and at work.
            sigpic
            Mrs Oggy
            ~~~*~~~*~~~
            Count your friends amongst the stars....
            And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

I have just won a bid on ebay for the Spider and Fly game!! whoo hooo.

Comment

Yipee!!

Comment

ive got so much vintage games off ebay lately, then i have to play them before the kids do,
                  spider one looks good,
                  sigpic

Comment

We used to play alot of board games as kids, the spider one was my sister's, and I may give her this one ( or not, depending on whether my daughter takes to it). I've decided to hunt down more of the ones we had, and am now on the lookout for Hang On Harvey.

Comment

I remember playing masterpiece. You had to buy and sell works of art and not get left with the forged pieces. I've still got it and played it with my kids not so long ago. I also remember totopoly.. I think that was something to do with horses...and something about treasure where you had to accumulate little rubies and other gems... might have had pirates or something. Used to spend hours playing boardgames....until I used to fight with my brothers and there used to be gems all over the house after throwing them at each other!
                      ....don't take life so seriously...or you'll never get out alive....

Comment

One of my faves was Colditz ....... As it was really complicated me & my mates ( I did have some honest! notice the past tense there:cry: ) Made it up as we went along. Showed my lads the other month and two of them went whats Colditz ! Personally I blame the parents.

Comment

I liked Colditz, but never knew the rules either. If we played with my uncle, there was no way anyone ever escaped! I'm sure he made things up as he went along!

Comment

Originally posted by deejayk2 View Post
                            I remember playing masterpiece. You had to buy and sell works of art and not get left with the forged pieces. I've still got it and played it with my kids not so long ago. I also remember totopoly.. I think that was something to do with horses...and something about treasure where you had to accumulate little rubies and other gems... might have had pirates or something. Used to spend hours playing boardgames....until I used to fight with my brothers and there used to be gems all over the house after throwing them at each other!

That would be Buccaneer - saw it at a car boot a couple of years ago and didn't pick it up . the older versions sell for quite a lot on Ebay.

Comment

Another Spider game you might want to find is "Stop Boris".

Comment

Working...
                              X