school days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• school days

I woud like to resurrect this thread. My school days were spent in the Sydney boarding school from hell. If we wanted to see the fortnitely picture we had to not get more than a certain amount of demerit points. Bloody hard as you got one demerit point for say..having dirty shoes. Ten demerit points and you missed the flicker which we all looked forward to as we were only allowed to watch television one hour on weeknites and two hours on the weekend. My introduction to the world of cinema at just 8 years of age was from the huge but old assembly hall of this huge but old boarding school on the outskirts of Sydney.

No longer a boarding school.

Re: school days

We had 'credits' which were given for particularly good school work or service to the teachers. At the end of each month the person with most credits would be presented with a medal which they would wear for a month. I won it once in 5 years. It was difficult to win as a particular teacher had a habit of giving 10 credits to anyone who had, say, carried a chair for him from one room to another, swamping any amount of outstanding school work you might do, which would only gain you 1 credit per piece of work. It was all a bit of a farce.

Comment

There were teachers pets and then was me. Whatever I tried to do to get on the good side of my teachers fell flat. I found this all rather disturbing as I was not a particularly nauty boy nor was I poor academically. I just seemed to not be around when awards and big gold stick on stars were being handed out.

Comment

Originally posted by spookiemoviemania View Post
        There were teachers pets and then was me. Whatever I tried to do to get on the good side of my teachers fell flat. I found this all rather disturbing as I was not a particularly nauty boy nor was I poor academically. I just seemed to not be around when awards and big gold stick on stars were being handed out.
        This is a rerally good thread you have made here OP. Not as I went to Boarding School, but regardless I can appreciate about |Teacvher's Pet's - it still strikes a chord indeed without a doubt

We had Credits too, but their name was Merit's rather (for good work). I love the car on your pic too - that is one amazing beauty!!!

80sChav

Comment

Working...
        X