Sponsored Walks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsored Walks

Who participated in sponsored walks for school/church/charity?

I did one for my Sunday school aged eight. I went door to door asking for sponsorship when even then I should have only asked family & friends & immediate neighbours

One sponsor was the local builder who built the houses on our close

He pledged a fiver. Mum said does he realise twelve miles at a fiver a mile totals £60

I told him & said he would be happy to pay that much

Subsequently I pulled in the most sponsorship (around £300)

I thus won the prize: A bible. Yippee (NOT) lol
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Sponsored Walks

My secondary school had an annual 10 mile walk, starting at the school and ending at a local church, where bags of chips and cans of pop were waiting for the finishers. The route actually went past my house and once I used the fact to pop to the loo I can't remember if there was a prize for most sponsor money but usual pledge was 1p per mile for a total of 10p.

Comment

Just remembered one event with the sponsored walk:

We all had Lancashire Hot Pot when we arrived back at the church

(Lancashire Hot Pot is just a stew really)
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I remember doing a sponsored walk one day towards the end of term with the rest of the form, which was around three miles. Coincidentally, I was given a brand new pair of shoes to wear on that day, and you can guess the rest.

I had blisters the size of hot air balloons by lunchtime, and I didn't want to go back to school in the afternoon as I was almost in pain walking. Pure torture.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

On the Isle of Wight they have 'Walk the Wight' sponsored walk each year

You don't have to get sponsorship; you can just pay the entrance fee which of course also goes to charity
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X