Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeko's

Can anyone remember Keeko drinks ?

These used to come in cartons, you could either drink them or put them in the freezer and have them. A lot of people used to think that they were Vimto but the Keeko's were much nicer, plus they were actually called Keeko, I think later on, they may have been taken over by Vimto as they dissapeared from the shelves. Can anyone remember the Keeko ?
    Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Re: Keeko's

Rings a bell, I'm sure our local shop sold them frozen.did they have keeko printed over a plastic?film top? and you had to stab it with your straw to open it? I may be getting mixed up wih a different make of cup drink though.If it's the one the plastic cup was kind of coragated.
    Heather

Comment

dont remember them being called keeko's, .......the ones we used to get where called Calipos (sp) or something like that.Maybe there was a couple of brands doing the rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Cal View Post
        dont remember them being called keeko's, .......the ones we used to get where called Calipos (sp) or something like that.Maybe there was a couple of brands doing the rounds.
        ahhh calypso think thats what I may remember.
        Heather

Comment

I remember a strange drink for the very early 70's that I cannot name but sounds familiar.It was a plastic tube which could be frozen or drunk normally.there were several flavours,one being Vimto,they must have been about 6-7 inches long I remember them bigger,but I was a lot smaller then)
          could these be Kellos?? I have never seen them since

and no,im not thinking of those ice pop things,these were sold unfrozen and seemed to be rather stiff like they were compressed.when you stuck the straw in the end,they didn't collapse as the plastic was quite stiff and crinkley
          Last edited by sixtyten; 22-02-2007, 17:40.

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
            If it's the one the plastic cup was kind of coragated.
            Thats Kia-ora isn't it?

Comment

no calypso Click image for larger version

Name:	1085.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	258172 they made the vimto ones to,Click image for larger version

Name:	205.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.4 KB
ID:	258173, but i'm still sure I remember it having the brand name plastered all over the film top.
              Heather

Comment

Oh yeah! The kia-ora you used to get at the cinema was tall and square anyway. bloody insipid whatever it was

Comment

[ATTACH]500[/ATTACH]
                  Heather

Comment

My favourite advert ever was

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-0We_zjXAA

Comment

sorry to go off the topic of keeko's a little but while on the suject of drinks what about UMBONGO ......dont think i have ever had one but always remember the advert for it

Comment

Umbongo
                        If I remember right it tasted a bit like flat lilt.But you can watch the advert or listen to the song here .
                        http://www.umbongo.com/downloads/#song
                        Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
                          Rings a bell, I'm sure our local shop sold them frozen.did they have keeko writen over a plastic?film top? and you had to stab it with your straw to open it? I may be getting mixed up wih a different make of cup drink though.If it's the one the plastic cup was kind of coragated.
                          Yeah they used to sell them frozen as well in the shops where I live. If I remember correctly the tops were made of foil.
                          Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

The Keeko's used to be in a white/clear coloured carton with I think gold writing on them and the tops of them, were made of foil.

Comment

wow if you put keeko in google, this thread is the first thing that comes up,cool or what lol
                              Heather

Comment

Working...
                              X