Sibling Rivalry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sibling Rivalry

my brother is having a hard time of it at the minute, lost his job, girl friend left him because he is so depressed( through the job loss)

anyway it got me thinking after i got off the phone to him last night...god we were so naughty as kids, never got on...driving our parents mad, fighting everyday.

my dad used a bit of psychology on us when we became out of control.....he wrote a cheque out and showed it us and then placed it on top of the T.V...the cheque was made out to "borstal" for £1,000 and he told us it was going in the post in the morning unless we started behaving properly, needless to say the cheque made a guest appearance on a regular basis but it always did the trick for a while.

we get on great now,
    anyone else had similar experiences?

Re: Sibling Rivalry

Being one of 5, fights and fall outs were a regular occurrence in our house, when mum had finally had enough,she'd grab us by the scruff of the neck and march us to the front lawn, yelling " if your going to fight, do it out there and let the neighbors see how you behave, It mostly stopped us in our tracks,if not ,she'd give it a few minutes then come out and drown us with water.
    Being a mum now myself to two quite young children my catch phrase is "I'll sell you on Ebay" Does that make me a dragon?LOL
    Heather

Comment

Being one of 4, squabbles were inevitable, and we used to pair up against the other pair. My mum's solution was to bang our heads together, not once, but twice... one for each person in the pair (if that makes sense)

My grandads favourite was 'go and play on the M60.'

Comment

me and my older brother - 3 years difference fought like cata and dog up until he moved out ast 18. On my christening photos i'm lying across his knee and he's got his hands round my neck!!! any way I got my revenge playing blind mans bluff i pushed him into the coffee table and split his chin open, as well as various other things we did to each other along the years. But no he's married with 4 kid of his own and we are really really close. Would never have thought it years ago.
        "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

We had "the wooden spoon"

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto View Post
            We had "the wooden spoon"
            What is the "wooden spoon"?

Buzz

Comment

I assume it had the same effects as the threat of the "hairbrush" in my house

Comment

we had grandads sliper only one was there i think he still had the other one
                want that one

Comment

my mums wedding ring, springs to mind, she didn't half give a good left slap! right around the head.
                  Heather

Comment

ouch mine was the back of the legs,
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X