Elastic Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elastic Game

Do any girls here remember playing elastics at school? And if so can you still remember the jumps?

I think the game may have had different names depending on where you lived, but it was played with two people standing with a length of elastic round their ankles and the the other players took in turns to do a series of jumps that got more complex.

Re: Elastics

We called it French Skipping
    Found a bit about it here, I was never much good at it
    Playground games in England
    Heather

Comment

I'd heard of french skipping but I never knew it was the same thing!

Comment

We used to play this in the playground. You would start with the elastic around the ankles of two people. if you completed the 'dance', the elastic was moved to around their knees, then the waist, then under the arms and then around the neck! It obviously got harder and harder.

I can't remember the songs - i wish i did. We used to play this for hours.

Comment

I,m sure it was known as chinese skipping when I was in primary school.

Comment

We got packs at work and they are now called Chinese ropes,but its not elastic bands like we used.We just called them Elastics.We either played them with 1 person at either end or triangles which was 3.Usually just jumped,hopped etc over them and it moved up to see how high you could go.

Only song I remember was when it was one person at either end and we jumped them singing.

Scotland,England,ireland,Wales
            inside,outside
            monkeys tails!

tulip

Comment

Elastic Game

There used to be a game where two people stood either end of a large elastic band around there ankles

The player would jump over the bands - a bit like the paving slab game hop scotch

I forget what the game was called

Does anyone remember this game?
              sigpic
              Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Re: Elastic Game

Sorry about that

I didn't check there was another thread on that subject
                sigpic
                Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
                  Sorry about that

I didn't check there was another thread on that subject
                  No probs that's what I'm here for
                  Heather

Comment

Thanks Heather xx
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X