PDA

View Full Version : Columbine Massacre

onthebusesfan
24-10-2017, 19:20
Does Anyone Remember This Tragic Event.

The Columbine High School massacre

On April 20, 1999, two teens went on a shooting spree at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado, killing 13 people and wounding more than 20 others before turning their guns on themselves and committing suicide. The crime was the worst high school shooting in U.S. history and prompted a national debate on gun control and school safety, as well as a major investigation to determine what motivated the gunmen, Eric Harris, 18, and Dylan Klebold, 17. There was speculation that the two committed the killings because they had been bullied, were members of a group of social outcasts that was fascinated by Goth culture, or had been influenced by violent video games and music; however none of these theories was ever proven. Does Anyone Remember This?

big kid
25-10-2017, 08:03
i remember that massacre. then there was the dunblane massacre three years earler. :(

Twocky61
25-10-2017, 12:21
Also the Hungerford massacre, though whether pre or post Columbine & Dunblane I am not sure

One of the earliest ones was when Brenda Spencer went to her school shooting her fellow pupils. This event inspired Boomtown Rat's song "I Don't Like Mondays" so I believe

zabadak
25-10-2017, 13:27
Part-inspired the Michael Moore film Bowling For Columbine :cry:

https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=5353&stc=1

big kid
25-10-2017, 16:25
One of the earliest ones was when Brenda Spencer went to her school shooting her fellow pupils. This event inspired Boomtown Rat's song "I Don't Like Mondays" so I believe

you are correct about the record. i think she was credited with being the first person to do a school massacre.

staffslad
27-10-2017, 09:21
Spencer was in her home when she started firing at children waiting outside Cleveland Elementary School. Although this wasn't the first incident of its type, the perpetrator being female made it stand out. Spencer remains in prison.

Twocky61
27-10-2017, 15:31
Brenda Spencer was actually interviewed by a TV crew; it might have been one of Louis Theroux's documentaries where he goes to various places & interviews people

Whichever documentary it was Brenda Spencer was quite elusive in what she told the reporter

Similar to UK politician Michael Portillo. He went to the US for a BBC documentary. He was looking for the most effective humane way of capital punishment.

Apoixia was found to be the most human & painless form of capital punishment

Naturally the relatives of the victims wanted 'justice'

staffslad
27-10-2017, 19:06
Bizarrely, an enterprising journalist telephoned Spencer after she had barricaded herself in her house and interviewed her, and that is supposed to be when she told him "I don't like Mondays. This livened up the day."